Transfer Chances

<p>Current Freshman at VCU trying to transfer to Tech and get into Corps of Cadets/Major in International Studies.</p>

<p>College GPA: 3.75
Classes: Math131 A...Mass Comm101 A...English202 B...International Relations105 A
SAT: 640 Verbal, 520 Math, 540 Writing
ACT: 24
HS GPA: 2.48
Secretary of VCU Rugby Club. Writer for Commonwealth Times newspaper. Member of Model UN.</p>

<p>how many credits have you completed?</p>

<p>I have completed 12. VCU gave me 9 more from AP tests. I am attempting 17 credits this semester.</p>

<p>You could go either way. Your college GPA is great but your HS GPA is bad....really really bad. I honestly have no clue since your HS and college academic performances are so bipolar. VT will definitely be more interested in your college academic performance--but since you have less than 30credits youll have theyll also consider your HS performance.</p>

<p>Do you think it helps that I want to do the Corps? I am visiting B-Burg next week, would it be useful to talk to an admissions counselor?</p>

<p>Yeah...that should help your chances--let them know that you love VT and that you could definitely see yourself happy there.</p>

<p>vtenge, how do you suppose anything you say regarding adcom decisions have any validity?</p>

<p>stupid.</p>

<p>I got in as a Transfer from JMU into the Corps of Cadets already. I think you should have known by now if you got in or not. My Hs GPA was 3.4 with numerous AP's and My college GPA was 3.08, but I took CalcI, Physcis 240, Foundations of Physics, Chem 131, Chem 131L and A Problem Solving in Science in Technology! VERY TOUGH!!!!! I am also a Freshman too.</p>

<p>Laughter....youre quite right in your completely uneducated assumption that I'm a dip****. I only have a 3.2 GPA as a junior engineering student in one of the most competitive engineering schools in the country(Virginia Tech). </p>

<p>This thread was created with the intent of people giving their honest persepctive on the original poster's chances of admission. If you feel it necessary to take time out of your day to personally attack me for giving my honest opinion in a thread that was created for that exact purpose, why dont you attack others?...not even on the Virginia Tech thread, but all of the other chances threads on CC? I have been a student at Virginia Tech for 3 years and because of this I feel that I have a DECENT understanding of the competitiveness of Virginia Tech admissions. From this, I feel comfortable giving my opinion on the original poster's chances of admissions.</p>

<p>Oh...good luck trying to transfer to UVA--hopefully you get the hell out of VT dude.</p>

<p>Seems like that's not the first time Laughter has made comments directed toward you, VT Engineer. I wondered if there was something personal going on. Oh well. You've got to brush those people off and get on with your day.</p>

<p>I for one, really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to answer the questions posted here. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And please don't stop!!!!</p>

<p>No Problem Zimmer...if you have any other questions feel free to let me know--ill do my best to help! Go Tech!</p>