Transfer to Binghamton U in Spring 2018

I just graduated high school and going to be attending Baruch College in Fall 2017. However, I plan to apply to Binghamton for the Spring 2018 term. In high school my GPA was a 97.6, SAT score of 1200/1600, AP Calculus AB score of 4, and have been awarded the IB Diploma with a score of 29 points. I was a member of the ARISTA National Honor Society, captain of my swim team, and the student organization vice president of my school. I have applied to Binghamton for Fall 2017 but been denied. What are my chances of getting accepted into Binghamton for Spring 2018?

@welcometomyworld

You have an excellent chance of getting in. Just make sure you do will in your first semester at Baruch. By that I mean a miniumum of a 3.0 gpa. I am curious, why do you want to transfer? My son is a sr in high school this year and we are applying to Bing as well as alot of other suny schools. He will also apply to Baruch. My son wants business and most likely accounting and he liked Baruch, but the commuting from long island by train can be a pain. Plus the camups life at Baruch is nothing like a Binghamton, Albany, etc. Good luck

@euve69

First, thanks for the input. Second, I want to transfer to Binghamton essentially to get the college experience by dorming. Also, Binghamton has more options (majors) for you to consider as opposed to Baruch. However, Baruch is excellent for business as you may already know. I graduated high school with the mindset of going into a business field; however, I start to think to myself that perhaps business isn’t the right career path for me and I do consider changing. I believe Binghamton would be a better choice for me.
I attend a summer program at Baruch and I can certainly say that Baruch has a welcoming staff and I do enjoy being there. I do, though, live on Staten Island which is approximately an hour and a half commute, which is another downside. I have friends who attend the summer program with me and live in long island and do complain about the commute, but they said that attending Baruch is worth it.
I plan to major in economics now. Previously, I wanted to double major in finance and marketing, but I’m indecisive to that would constantly change. I believe Binghamton would be a better choice because its variety of options.

@welcometomyworld

Did you get in? I recently received my transfer application decision and was accepted.

Hi, my daughter was just accepted to Binghamton for Spring 2018 and we are Staten Island residents. We are wondering if we know you. She is a graduate of Tottenville High school (Classics Institute) @collegedudde426