TRIALS Pre-Law Program NYU 2021

Yes, good luck! We are going to first start hearing from them mid-March. Hopefully, all of us are contacted for an interview. Fingers crossed!

I can’t believe the deadline’s already hit. I expect that time will go by super slowly from now. Good luck to you all!

For the interview process is it the top 60 that get chosen for the first round of interviews or do they narrow it down to 60 after the interviews? I know there are two rounds of interviews so that it gets down to 20 people eventually.

I think they choose the top 60 to be interviewed and after the two rounds it goes down to 20.

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything back yet? Does anyone know if this year’s program will be in person, or virtual? I’m a little nervous about doing something in person but I wouldn’t want to miss out on this opportunity if I was selected. Glad to see this group on there - thank you cancersun for starting it.

Also, what other similar programs did you guys apply to?

@cancersun

@jhill2021 only applied to the Minnesota Pre-Law Scholars (MPLS). It seems that there aren’t too many pre-law programs that focus on LSAT prep which is what I really need.

@cancersun me too. Good luck w/ the MPLS program!

Hey, I also applied to MPLS and UHLC Pre-Law Pipeline Program. The pipeline program is also based around LSAT prep and they are still accepting applications on a rolling basis!

I also haven’t heard back from them but they told me in an email they will start contacting students for interviews mid to late March.

Thanks, @Vidj2001! Good to know!

Guys, I just got the email. :-/ I didn’t get into the program. The email says that more than 2K applications came in. I’m so disappointed but I’m sending lots of positive energy that some of you make it in.

I’m so sorry to hear about this! I’ll be cheering for you get it next year!

I got an email earlier today saying that I’m through to round two! I’m incredibly happy, but I’m a bit anxious because there are still 85 of us. I feel like I won’t be able to breath until this process is over. Best of luck to you all!

That’s so great! YOU GOT THIS!!

Thank you so much!

AYee! Good luck to you!! I unfortunately didn’t make it through but keep us all updated!!

Hi everyone! Super excited for those who moved forward! Unfortunately, I did not get through, what I am wondering is if anyone knows what they are looking for? My ACT score was not high by any means, but I have a 4.0, and a ton of experience/leadership roles at my university. It’s a bit frustrating but again, extremely proud and happy for those who made it through! I wish you the best of luck!!

Best of luck to you!!! You got this.

Hey, I think that one thing that is really important is the SAT/ACT because it’s like the closest test to the LSAT that you have probably taken so far. I think you can email them and ask about your application and they could tell you what went wrong so you can apply next year, if you want to.

Hey! Sorry about not making it through. From what I read in other discussions, the TRIALS website, and other places I just cannot remember right now, the personal statement is super important. They want someone that has a clear vision for why they want to go to law school and the career they plan to take. I think having this strong narrative makes you stand out and gives them a reason to bet on you. However, only the TRIALS team truly knows.