Tuition and fee rates approved for 2010-2011

<p>Heading out this morning to look for a slip cover.....</p>

<p>News</a> Story | Virginia Tech News | Virginia Tech</p>

<p>+$854 for in state students, +$1339 for out of state</p>

<p>Boo increased tuition! My brother will not be happy. 1,300 seems like a lot to me.</p>

<p>[edit] “Out-of-state undergrad students will see this figure rise from $27,702 to $29,507” = $1,807 more?</p>

<p>This is unfortunate…</p>

<p>What ticks me off on this is that they have an endowment fund in the hundreds of millions of dollars, yet they continue to increase tuition. Granted every college is doing the same, but part of me wants to say to President Obama instead of attacking wall street, how about looking at universities with these ginormous endowment funds. </p>

<p>This was @7% increase when Cost of Living has not increased that much. How do they rationalize this when they have an endowment of 1/2 of a BILLION dollars. Yes, that is right, they have over 500 million in a stock market/bank account sitting somewhere collecting interest. Even 1% interest would be 5 million, cut me a break tell me you couldn’t have found the money not to increase tuition? And that is 1% return which we all know is not what they are getting.</p>