Tuition Exchange for Fall 2021 Applicants

Congratulations! SO happy for your daughter! Mine is still deciding on using TE at Pitt or paying to go to University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. The comp sci program at UIUC is so stellar it is hard to pass up, but so is full TE at Pitt. We visited Pitt last week and it is a beautiful school!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you & good luck with your decision!! :grinning:

How do you decline?

Oh my gosh… that is such great news !!!

1 Like

Congratulations. I am so happy to see this news.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks!!

My D accepted TE at Pitt and turned down TE at Marquette yesterday. It was a hard decision to make but I know there’s someone very happy to get off Marquette’s TE waitlist.

4 Likes

That’s great! Congratulations! My son is trying to decide and it looks like he might not take any of the 4 TE scholarships he was awarded. He let 2 of the 4 know already.

1 Like

Anyone here patiently waiting for USC’s TE award?

Congratulations!!

1 Like

We visited Skidmore one last time today. Came home and D insisted we commit right away. Deposit sent. TE approved! This is getting real! :grinning:

Good luck everyone!

8 Likes

So glad TE worked out for you!

1 Like

We are :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing. Congratulations!

1 Like

tcl2b1g we are in the same situation, may not accept TE at all. Is your son more interested in larger schools?

We have 3 financial aid offers, which are better or comparable with the 3 TE offers we got.

1 Like

Keep in mind that TE is guaranteed for 4 years. Financial Aid changes year to year. Some of my students find that the our school gives less when they are juniors and seniors. By that time it’s too late to transfer.

It’s official now so thought I would report in:

S21 applied to 10 schools; 5 TE schools, he has been accepted to 9 to date: offered 2 TE awards, and…

He chose Chapman University, Dodge School, with TE! Went to visit last week–he fell in love with the vibe and place, to confirm it will be the right fit. Sent in deposit and TE confirmation/acceptance; notified other schools. So glad he can go and make a contribution and be a part of the amazing Chapman experience!

Thoughts on TE: it’s worth trying for; learn as much as you can about $$ amounts and # of TE scholarships available, reach out to liaisons at import schools; keep expressing interest. Focus on target schools and some near-reach and some safety. My D23 will not be eligible for TE for first two years; but we will still include TE schools if we get in the lottery at export school, in the event it is possible for her last two years; don’t count on it, though. Make sure there are some schools that your students like-and are affordable based on their quals, no matter the TE outcome.

It’s so amazing, I am having trouble believing this is happening! It might take me awhile…Peace y’all.

8 Likes