Tuition Exchange for Fall 2021 Applicants

Ahhh, ok I need tell my daughter to check for voice mails or pick up her phone if it rings. Like most teens this is last mode of wanting to communicate, ha ha! Thanks!

2 Likes

Exactly, if I had not seen here that SLU was making phone calls she might never have known! They left a voice mail while she was in school :wink:

1 Like

Hi all. Does anyone know if there is a general Tuition Exchange guideline/rule about the timeline students have to accept or decline a TE offer? I couldn’t find this on the TE website. We have a couple offers asking for a decision in mid-March, which is earlier than expected. But we still have several other schools we haven’t heard back from yet. Thanks for any info.

This same issue came up in last year’s TE thread (check the posts from Feb 2020). One person posted that they asked for, and were granted, an extension of a TE deadline and another said that TE had sent schools a reminder that they could not set deadlines prior to May 1. You may want to call TE to clarify but I don’t see how a school can require a commitment before you’ve received all your decisions.

3 Likes

My oldest daughter was given a deadline a few years ago and called FA, asked for an extension and they said ‘no problem’. FA explained that they really just wanted to know if she made a decision not to attend so they could award it to someone else.

1 Like

U Del sent email releasing results of TE

1 Like

My son has been accepted into one school and awarded TE. He is encouraged to make his decision as soon as possible but has until 5/1 to decide.

He was admitted into another school in the TE and was told his awards like TE and merit scholarships will be sent to him by 4/1 and he will need to decide by 5/3.

1 Like

My son heard today as well!

1 Like

Hi all –

I’m a TE dad of a kiddo who is a first-year ME major at Lafayette. You can see our journey in last year’s TE thread, but here is the brief scoop: We was admitted to other great TE schools (BU, WPI) but got little or no merit money and no TE. Admitted with no merit at Northeastern. Admitted at UConn with lots of $$$ but really wanted a smaller school. Admitted at home institution, but, you know, home institution. Initially admitted to Lafayette with no extra $$ and TE waitlist, and then TE came through a few weeks later…but all of this happened in April…yikes!

Hang in there. It isn’t over until you make a deposit. You’ll get there.

7 Likes

I really appreciate your encouragement. I’m a mom on the prairie not prarie (ugh!) of a TE applicant and alas, he got a great offer from a school he’s not sure he wants to attend (too small, doesn’t have the majors he’s interested in pursuing). If another TE school comes through, it’s a game changer. He’s got great essays, strong test scores, solid EC’s, and not the highest GPA. All A’s in 11th grade and a couple of B’s in AP/IB courses in 12 grade, but a late bloomer, nonetheless. Keeping our fingers crossed for that April surprise with TE.

1 Like

Chiming in (like a ghost of TE application season past…LOL). Keep the faith - lots of decisions will roll in in the next month. Also, getting a post-May 1st offer is definitely not unheard of.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience, very helpful to hear from parents who have been through this! I am not the best at waiting and last minute decisions but it may work out that way for us too! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks @DeeCee36 for the encouragement! It’s been so quiet lately, eager for the regular decisions and also TE!! May have to sit tight for a bit longer!

Hello, new to this blog and appreciate all of the camaraderie here and helpful advice. For the TEs we have been waitlisted, can the schools give you figures in terms of, ‘you’re 20 on the list, for example?’ If a TE comes through after May 1st, and you have committed to another school, do you just lose your deposit? It’s been quiet for us lately…waiting on some schools. He got TE at a couple, just maybe not his first choice. Have most TE awards been offered by now? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

You can (and absolutely should) contact the TE liaison at the school and ask about position on the waitlist. It is an opportunity to express interest/potential commitment, should a spot open up.

You would need to check with the depositing policies at the schools, they definitely vary.

Each school operates on its own schedule, as far as awarding (though, I believe all must make initial awards by 4/15). Again, you can reach out and ask when a school will notify.

Thank you so much; we’ll reach out today!

Just an update. Daughter got waitlisted at Marist for TE. She was accepted EA and to their honors college too so was a tad hopeful but I guess not. The email also said it was unlikely that they would use the waitlist and it was extremely competitive. However there was an invitation that there could be some “flexibility” in reviewing her fin aid package but they would not match the TE level. This school was not a top choice and also I question if it’s a good fit for my daughter, but still may go through this process and see how much more merit they will offer. We had better offers elsewhere. Hoping for better TE news to come!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s disappointing. I’m surprised she’d make the honors college but not get TE. Must have been really competitive! We visited Marist last spring but D ruled it out as we narrowed her list.

1 Like

Was notified of Baylor TE this weekend

5 Likes

Does anyone have any input/experience with TE at TCU?