U Chicago and US Military Veterans!

This goal was imagined by U of C about 7 years ago and result have been outstanding. Another win for Nondorf along with his goal and accomplishment of making Texas U of C’s key feeder state.

2 Likes

Not even close. They have 80 Veterans, out of some 7,500 students. That is maybe 1.1% of the student body.

In “the Military Times” rankings, they aren’t even ranked.

For example, Columbia University has almost 500 veterans among their undergraduate population of around 8,100. When talking of programs geared towards helping veterans, they are not even close to places like UA, UNM, TAMU, Fordham, or George Washington.

So no, by no measure or ranking can U of C claim to be #1 for Veterans.

4 Likes

I found the title to be clickbait, so I changed it. I’m still unsure what the point of the thread is, other than to highlight one student. Which is fine, but I’m unsure how you extrapolated a greater message

4 Likes

It also unclear how this story says anything about “making Texas U of C’s key feeder state“. Especially when the 2nd largest state is reported to be 4th in terms of students, at <6%.

1 Like

Simply another UChicago “rah! rah” post in a long series of such posts. :unamused:

Which I’m aware of. I don’t have an issue with that. And certainly many users on this site have been known to be boosters for their college.

That said, given the issues I previously outlined, and given that the OP made zero effort to assuage my concerns, I see no value in keeping this thread open.

3 Likes