U Maine vs Rutgers Newark

<p>Given the choice between University of Maine and Rutgers Newark nursing, which should I chose? Which is a better curriculum, would put me in a better position for job placement, would put me in a better position to pass the NCLEX, etc?</p>

<p>Both have admitted me to the honors program and both are affordable (though Rutgers Newark would be a little cheaper)</p>

<p>Both schools have excellent Nursing curriculums and very high NCLEX pass rates (over 90%). So it is probably a toss up in these areas as long as you apply yourself. I think that you need to consider where you want to work post graduation as the job market for new Nursing grads is still very tough and most new grads find that they have the best luck in finding their first job thru connections they have made with hospitals where they did their clinical rotations while in college. So if you are intersted in working in Maine post graduatiion then UMaine would probably be the better choice. If you are intersted in the NJ/NYC area then Rutgers would be the choice. Overall there obviously are a lot more hospitals in the NJ/NYC area but this in itself does not guarantee you a job. Rutgers College of Nursing probably has higher national “name” recognition/reputation if that means anything to you. Best of luck in making your decision.</p>

<p>Don’t forget to factor in the equation about whether you want to be able to walk outside at night.</p>