U. Tennessee Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for U. Tennessee Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: December 15

I am assuming RD will be slowly going out next week … is this correct?

1 Like

It was just announced that RD comes out Tuesday, Feb 21, after 7pm eastern time.

6 Likes

What about dorms–anyone interested in discussing? The other thread I found about dorms had comments from 2020 and it seems the dorm process may have changed since then. I am curious if there are dorms that are more popular with the freshmen? Son is social, likes sports, Haslam Business school (but I don’t think he will want to do the LLC, not sure). Actually, he is still deciding whether to enroll (I have decided,but waiting on him to decide lol). Is there any rush for him to enroll soon to get the dorm stuff rolling (I know it is a lottery system but want him to be prepared when the time comes).

Went on tour a few weeks back. They did say that even though your time slot is a lottery it doesn’t mean that if you get a later date that you’re relegated to the least desirable spots. For example if there’s 4 timeframes they hold aside 25% of each location for each timeframe (if that makes sense). Perhaps someone that’s been through this with them before will weigh in.

We’re still waiting on a couple more decisions as well. IMO the only reason to consider trying to make a decision before 5/1 would be to get on facebook or other social to try and make connections at the specific school so when dorm elections did come up maybe there was already a potential roommate.

Anyone have historical information on when ~ departmental scholarship notices happen?

1 Like

Curious…went on UTK website and it says they are still accepting applications for Fall 2023, but there is waitlist…how can this be with record number applications? I am confused - does anyone understand this?

Anyone heard anything about the Vol Summer Visit yet? I see the dates on website but haven’t seen any info about how to register. Thanks!

FYI - The waitlist is moving. My daughter was offered a spot off the waitlist this morning.

2 Likes

Same here. Son offered spot in Business last night.

1 Like

Same here with some merit too. My son was back and forth between Auburn and UT as his top choice but decided on (and now staying with) Auburn. Things could have been very different for him and I’d personally now like that merit :unamused:. I suspect UT was almost too conservative with their yield but understandably so after the past few years.

1 Like

Same here my son was offered a spot off the waitlist to the Halsam Business school it was one of his top 3 choices we haven’t accessed the financial aid offer yet but I don’t think that will change his mind from the school he decided to choose …here is the conversation lol

My son is going to Tennessee- but daughter just graduated from Auburn. Your student will be in great hands at AU- we LOVE it there. Great school- great kids- wonderful experience! Hoping for the same at UTK! Son was between the two also- but loved Knox.

Thank you so much! That’s very encouraging to hear. Best of luck to your son as well.

DS is attending neither Auburn or UTK but both were in his top choice list among the acceptances. Found it interesting just how many people compare/contrast these two options. My feeling was couldn’t go wrong with either option, slightly different vibe between them and UTK was a little more forthcoming with the Merit which made for a better value proposition (clearly a case by case basis). Kids seem very happy at both of them.

Best of luck to all your kids!

2 Likes

Yes- lots of comparisons between the schools. I find them very different vibes. Both dislike Alabama though!