UA Athletics gives $ 9.1 of surplus revenue to UA academics

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/16/football-revenue-keeps-alabama-rolling-in-dough/ According to this piece, UA Athletics gave $ 9.1 million to the university this last year. I did some calculating. This would enable the university to award 606 scholarships for that year, worth $15,000 each. I’m sure some of the money was used to support academics in other ways, but still, nice to know that this annual gift, which was about $3 million more than what was given the previous year, can help so many students.

Glad to hear .

Roll Tide!!!

:slight_smile:

Long Live Saban!

I just realized i should have said 9.1 million in . the title. I hope no one sees it and thinks they only gave 9 bucks and a dime

LOL!!! $-)

What we want:

More championships, more money, more visibility, more students, more research, more recognition in academics, more of everything great.
Less racism, less stigma, less “good ole boy”, less Machine, less everything that represents our sometimes tarnished image.

I’m proud to be a lifelong Crimson Tide athletics fan, but even more proud to be a graduate of this great institution. ROLL TIDE!

That’s great!