UA Business with Pre-Med

My S is a high school junior who plans to major in business and do pre-med coursework. His ultimate goal is med school, not business. Can any one comment on the feasibility of this plan as well as on the quality of the business school at Alabama? I am torn between advising him to enjoy the merit aid perks at Alabama (conserving cash for the long haul of med school) or choosing a university known for their business program should his med school plans change (as they do for many students.) He is OOS, 34 ACT. Thank you!

UA has an excellent B school, so no need to spend tons of money elsewhere.

One of my son’s med school classmates was a business major, so it certainly is doable. Yes, med school is very expensive, so saving cash for that is important.

Will your son come in with AP credits…like English or History? If so, that will help clear space in his schedule for premed prereqs.

The two don’t really overlap that much, so it’ll be busy. Doable, certainly and much better with AP credit or whatever, but still busy.

Yes my son will have AP credit in English, Social Studies, Math and Science. It’s good to know UA’s B school is reputable. I am looking forward to visiting some time this spring.

Be sure to contact the Honors College to have them help set up your visit.