UA or SDSU

<p>For Business. What do you think? University of Arizona or San Diego State University? Pros and Cons. Please help!!</p>

<p>UA has a better business school. Better environment. Great Social Scene. Good Weather and A more intelectual environment than SDSU.</p>

<p>Groenveld9---thanks for your input. Could you expand a little more? I know UA is better rated for business but how is it a better environment and more intelectual than SDSU? Also, I'm afraid Arizona might be too hot....I mean San Diego has IMO, perfect weather. Thanks so again for your help.</p>

<p>Arizona is a bit warmer and much more dry than SDSU. San Diego has perfect weather, but i don't think you will collapse from the heat while walking to class at UA.
Both schools have nice and hot weather. SD has better weather(not by all that much), but UA has far better academics, athletics, school spirit, and an equal social scene.</p>

<p>mobert - when i apply to colleges next year my main safety schools will be sdsu, asu, and u of a. </p>

<p>and i also plan on majoring in business so i'll give you my opinion.</p>

<p>U of A has a higher ranked business program, but personally I would choose SDSU. If you go to UA, you will probably end up working in Arizona. But if you went to SDSU, you will probably end up working in San Diego, which is so much better than Tucson.</p>

<p>As for other stuff. SDSU actually has a higher avg. gpa and sat scores are about equal, but their environments are more than likely very similar.</p>

<p>As for campus, SDSU is so much nicer and weather is so much better in San Diego. As for social life. San Diego is more fun, and SDSU has strong greek life if your interested. And there is always Pacific Beach and TJ if your not.</p>

<p>So overall SDSU is clearly the better option.</p>

<p>And as for sports. San Diego St. goes crazy for its basketball team, and soccer is pretty good. Football has decent support but they aren't very good. But you can always go to Chargers games.</p>

<p>socal: all very true and good input, but there is one thing UA would edge SDSU out of... better academics and with that better chance of getting into a good grad school. If in fact mobert wants that.</p>

<p>Socal, I disagree. I’ve been to and partied at both schools. The students I have come in contact with are generally more intelligent at U of A. The weather in San Diego is much better; it isn’t even close. That’s the only clear-cut advantage that SDSU has over U of A. U of A has more resources, a nicer campus, more to do on campus, more school spirit. The student: faculty ratio is lower at U of A. If you go to U of A, you do not have to stay in Arizona. More than a third of the students at U of A are from out of state (most are from California). U of A has a large alumni network and many are situated in California. Finally, the social life at U of A is better. San Diego State is a commuter school. Many people at SDSU are from the San Diego area and tend to go home on the weekends. Because the school is so large, there will still be around on the weekends. Most people at U of A stay on the weekends.</p>

<p>I am from Southern California and U of A was one of my top choices while San Diego State was one of my backups. Despite getting into San Diego State as a freshman, I was rejected as a transfer student. SDSU is trying to better their academic reputation and has become increasingly more competitive to get into (especially into the business program)</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for your help.<br>
Worried Student...do you know how strict the dorms are at each school?</p>