UA vs Ole Miss for Marketing Major

<p>My son has been accepted at both Alabama & Ole Miss. I kow in general, Alabama is a much higher rated school, but does anyone have insight into marketing program reputations or career prospsects for the two?</p>

<p>I really enjoyed Marketing, but I can’t imagine it being a whole lot different from school to school until you get to Grad school. As far as careers go in Marketing, it’s more who you know than what you know. I would suggest your son go to grad school and maybe get an MBA.</p>

<p>Assuming all things being equal, let him pick the school he feels most comfortable at. He will be most successful where he feels most comfortable. A good fit is just as important, if not more so, than just picking a good school.</p>

<p>A degree from a school may open some doors, but it’s what you do after you graduate, not where you went to school, that will determine success.</p>

<p>Bama is getting a lot of attention these days because it’s in the news all the time. This has contributed to its nationwide appeal.</p>

<p>Ole Miss is more provincial. It has a good number of OOS students, but they’re not coming from far away states.</p>

<p>Bama’s B school is bigger and much attention is being put on moving up its ranking. </p>

<p>Has your son visited either school?</p>

<p>What state are you from?</p>

<p>Alabama’s expedited admission to graduate school for undergraduate seniors already in their B-school is pretty attractive!</p>

<p>Does anyone know if Ole Miss does the same?</p>

<p>What is the expedited admission process?</p>

<p>Expedited Admission for University of Alabama Seniors. Undergraduate seniors in participating departments enrolled at The University of Alabama who have completed at least 91 hours, have overall GPAs of 3.0 or better, are recommended by the faculty in their departments, and wish to apply for admission to graduate study in their current fields may be eligible for an expedited admissions process by completing the Bachelor’s to Master’s/Doctoral program application. Students should contact the department or program for details. Students who plan to seek scholarships or fellowships are strongly encouraged to follow the application procedures outlined under “Regular Admission.”</p>