UC Admission Thread

Hey I’m a senior in high school and my top schools are UCLA and UCSB. Curious to know what my chances are and about other people’s admission process.

Applied For: Aerospace Engineering (UCLA) and Chemistry (UCSB)
Stats:
UC GPA: 4.2
ACT: 32
SAT II: Math 2 760, Bio M 670
APs: (Junior year)- AP Lang (3) AP Bio (3) AP Psych (5). (Senior year)- AP Calc AB, AP Lit, AP Physics 1, AP Gov, AP Econ

ECs:
Softball (travel and high school… Team Captain of both teams)
Babysitting
Tutoring
Softball assistant coach (volunteer)
NHS (11&12)
Red Cross Club (11&12… Senior Ambassador)
Volunteered at hs snack bar
Work experience: Have worked at a well known franchise for almost a year (Associate Trainer)
Got a job on a farm for several weekends, selling fruit

Essays: Talked about my passionate curiosity about life and science and many difficulties I encountered through softball.

Ethnicity: White (Thinking this may actually help me?? Due to the typical demographics of engineering majors)

Please give some input!!! :slight_smile:

Thumbs up for UCSB chem

UCLA will be a tough admit for Engineering but I think UCSB is definitely possible.

Best of luck.

Being female could give you a nudge for UCLA engineering but it’s still very competitive. Always curious about the logic of applying to two very different majors at different universities…why not chemistry at UCLA? Your chances would be better than for engineering.

@rocket88 my first choice major was Aerospace engineering and my second choice is chemistry, UCSB doesn’t have Aerospce engineering so I went with chemistry.

Mechanical engineering is the basis for aerospace or aeronautical engineering, so an ME major would be a good substitute.

Have any of you gotten requests for transcripts from any of the UCs yet? I already sent my SAT and ACT scores but they haven’t asked for transcripts yet so I’m not sure what’s going on.

UCs don’t ask for transcripts. You only send them in if you decide yo attend one, and then you send your final transcripts to that campus.

hopefully you applied more broadly than just those two.

good luck.

I remember she applied to Davis, Santa Cruz, San Diego… etc. I’m pretty sure she’ll get several admissions. I just think these 2 are her favorites.