UC appeal, do i have atleast a little chance?

<p>appealing to uc davis and irvine. i only got into ucsc</p>

<p>GPA: 3.45 (ugh i know)
SAT:1820 (ugh again)</p>

<p>ok so in my appeal, i would write about when i was little how i was in foster care/ adopted then somehow connect it to how i was under stress while my dad was sick my soph./junior year</p>

<p>??? any opinions???</p>

<p>if that's your only basis for appealing then it would all depend on how well you connect it ... you really need to fully explain how and why you were under so much stress, but I think you have a chance if your appeal is well written since I know a lot of people who got into Irvine with a very low 3.x GPA with SAT scores in the 16xx.</p>

<p>It is worth a try but don't expect them to take you seriously. If there was significant information like you are talking about, it should have been in your original application. It is sorta silly to omit information that would give you alot of hardship points. Just fyi, hardships or not, all of your stats are well below UCI and UCD's averages. I am thinking even with your hardship points, you will be below the average admits for this year, as my friend with 4.0 UC gpa and 1900 Sats got rejected. UCSC is still a fine campus and that is where I will be. Worse case scenario, you can transfer to one of those colleges you mentioned in two years.</p>