*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

Oh wow okay thank you yes the description did sound super competitive, congrats to your son tho for his accomplishments outside of the program!

Thanks for sharing. Berkeley usually offers some spring admits. I’m not sure of the timing of the offers but they might be using the Mills program instead.

There is a club swim team at Berkeley (and UCLA, UCD, UCSD, etc). Swim Club at Berkeley

Yes! Please NO San Fran! It hurts my heart to hear that! LOL!

2 Likes

But Crew has the worst hours—all those early mornings!

Or Frisco.

2 Likes

Oh, I forgot “Frisc8.” I can’t even write it.

2 Likes

Thank you for club swim info! My son might enjoy this in college. He does comp swim but surely isn’t fast bright for Div 1

Just imagine how much bad advice you students would get if all the parents left CC.

4 Likes

Thanks
I’ll pass it along to my D
LOL
noticed they spelled Stanfu(o)rd
oh boy
tad rivalry
hehe

Cal likes athletes! Especially those who excelled in their sport. Most of the gymnasts at my daughter’s club who didn’t continue onto college sports but got to
Level 9 or 10 got into Cal, while sometimes getting rejected by other UCs.

1 Like

Ewww
 Cali. Never!!

2 Likes

Ignore the ■■■■■, who joined an hour ago

I’m a parent, mostly lurk, very rarely post. It’s a way for me to get some info without asking my kid questions that would likely increase her anxiety. That way I know more about the process (and am therefore less anxious myself) and can better support her. This is a rough enough time for students; no need for parents to make it worse. FWIW that’s why I’m here.

5 Likes

Yep! I went to Cal and have lived in Berkeley for 20+ years. It’s: Cal, Berkeley or UC Berkeley to refer to the university, usually Cal.

San Francisco = correct also (The City, SF, San Francisco) and NEVER San Fran. But don’t forget, seriously, never ever Frisco!

(Go Bears!)

4 Likes

kind of funny bc I am a level 10 gymnast (not continuing in college), rejected from Cal but accepted to UCLA

1 Like

i’m sorry, then my message wasn’t directed at you. i completely understand.

please don’t speak about me like that and understand my argument first. i think it’s weird that’s all

Frisco is just AWFUL. IT HURTS MY EARS!

1 Like

Quick question, do you regret doing gymnastics for as long as you did? At L9/10, you’re probably training 20+ hours a week which barely leaves enough time to study let alone EC. Not sure if you were targeting a D1 scholarship or not, but interested in hearing your perspective as gymnastics is unlike most sports. It’s an all-in affair with a lot of injuries

@ballfondler69 How long have you been monitoring this thread? Many parents and students have been here since last year. We’ve come here to ask veteran parents and students questions. Gained insights, gotten very useful information.

And yes, if their kids did get in, they should be able to brag. It’s been a long journey. They have the right to brag and many of us parents are happy for them. Even if our kid didn’t get admitted. We’ve been on this journey together.

And for the parents and kids who didn’t get in, it’s a nice place to vent. People are empathetic and kind to each other. That’s the purpose of these threads. Discussions, share insights, celebrate, mourn a loss of an admission entrance together.

6 Likes