UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

Hi Everyone!

For those of you still deciding or who have committed to Cal here is a great opportunity:

Join the Berkeley Tenants Union (BTU), the office of ASUC Transfer Representative Valerie Johnson, and ASUC Transfer Representative-elect Gabriel Alfaro for our housing workshop! This event is primarily for incoming/prospective UC Berkeley transfer students, but all current and incoming/prospective UC Berkeley students are welcome to attend.

BTU will present on the rights of tenants and prospective tenants in Berkeley. We will then have a a Q&A session where you can ask about anything in the presentation or anything else you have questions about.

Here is the FB post: Incoming Transfer Student Housing Workshop (Open to Everyone)

Here is the Zoom URL for the meeting: Launch Meeting - Zoom. To join by phone, dial 1-669-900-6833 and enter Meeting ID 955 0726 2457 (one tap mobile is +16699006833,95507262457#).

My son did for January enrollment and his GF did for Fall. They both did it on May 1. No sense waiting at all.

Agree. My D19 is going to do commit to Cal this weekend. You don’t want to wait until the last moment, in case something goes wrong.

On this website somewhere is the story of a D21 who waited until the last day to submit to Purdue, but the webpage to commit was confusing and she committed for this summer instead of the fall. Purdue said it was their fault, but they couldn’t do anything about it. Not sure how it was resolved.

Rejecting Berkeley! I’m going to Davis! English major here :)! Hopefully that helps someone on the waitlist!

5 Likes

Anyone else having issues submitting igetc certification to cal? How long does the whole process take?

Hey does anyone know when the transfer regents scholarship results for Berkeley come out?

Rejected cal a few days ago. I’m still deciding between ucla n ucsd though.
Conservation n resource studies major. Hope someone gets my spot!
(Btw, I highly recommend anyone who’s interested in env science to check out this major!!! You get to take any classes you want from all departments in the uni, and they’d all count toward your degree.)
Also, the acceptance rate for the major was 40% last yr, AND it doesn’t require many prereqs (most can be fulfilled by having an igetc certificate
Ngl, it’s prob the coolest major I applied to lol

Super curious, but did anyone in this thread get UCB Regents? I know it’s rare, but did hear that decisions would be sent out in mid-May. :sweat_smile:

it came out today

omg did you get it?? can you share your stats?

oh haha no, a girl i follow on instagram said she got her email today about the fact that she got it

I have a question, if I SIR to Berkeley and I change my mind before June 1rst, can I SIR to another UC I was accepted?

Yes, you can SIR to UCB and then withdraw and SIR to another UC by June 1. You do not want to get into the situation of double depositing. If you withdraw your enrollment from UCB, you will however lose your deposit and will have to pay another deposit to the other UC.

Hi guys! I was wondering how I can get in contact with my undergraduate major adviser.

I am a CCC transfer who got 4.0 Waitlisted. 62 semester units completed with all math + all Physics; Without completing IGETC, but got 4 patterns.

Hello,

Sorry to hijack this - just wanted to congratulate you and see if you had any thoughts on my chances for admission or competitiveness as an applicant. Not entirely sure if I’m eligible but want to take a chance.

I’m applying as a transfer for Rhetoric with a 3.7 GPA from an out-of-state university. More detailed write up on my stats here: Reddit - Dive into anything

Hey Colton,

Were you ever accepted?

anyone transfer 2022!!!