UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Each UC has a different process in determining their Regent scholars so you could get Regents at none, one or more schools depending upon their criteria.

5 Likes

Do we think regents is coming today or tomorrow?

Thank you!

Based on previous years timeline, this Friday is most likely. I however, have no insider information to confirm.

1 Like

are regents avalible to intl students at all campuses?

Tomorrow

1 Like

It probably has to be a holistic review (or at least multiple criteria) because if it was just GPA then lot of students would have got Regents which is not the case.

A friends daughter who was a CA Community college transfer with a 4.0 UW GPA and excellent extra curriculars only got Regents from UCI. However, she but got offers of admission from all UC’s.

1 Like

What is considered a STRONG enough GPA that puts one in good contending for Regents?

Yes, all applicants are eligible for Regents at the UC’s.

Regents is first and foremost an academic scholarship but EC’s, community service, leadership etc… are taken into consideration when evaluating applicants.

From UCB website:

You will be interviewed by Berkeley’s acclaimed faculty members, who review and select candidates based on the following areas: intellectual spark, creativity, perseverance, community engagement, potential, and other academic or personal accomplishments that would make a distinctive contribution to our campus.

1 Like

GPA is only one component involved in evaluating Regent scholars so there is no absolute GPA to get the invite. Regent scholars are exceptional students with varied accomplishments including strong academics.

3 Likes

Great info here. I have a question. To be considered for UCB Regents is there an interview ? Have applicants who would be considered for Regents already been called for interviews?

They first release early acceptances usually in Early to Mid Feb carrying an invite for an interview to move further in the process for the regents scholarship. The final award for the scholarship is given in March End with Regular acceptances.

No acceptances of any form for Regents Invites have been sent out yet.

1 Like

Thanks so much!!

no regents or GMP today?

Hey! Did anyone get a decision letter from Berkeley MET? I didn’t get anything but website says feb 8…

S22 applied for M.E.T. Others can confirm but I think if you are not admitted, you wouldn’t receive any notification but if you did do get admitted, there would be a portal update. That said, the Feb 8 date is for current Cal students who may have applied as a sophomore. Freshman notification is in Feb and Mar. There is no specific date.

Thank you so much for the clarification. I thought so too, but I hadn’t hear anyone who got an update so I didn’t know if everyone didn’t get in (which is very possible) or if it didn’t come out yet. Glad to know there is still a shot.

I heard feb8th was only for transfer students.

Theoretically, Regents should come out tommorrow?

1 Like