UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

This is getting ridiculous.

Why would I lie about this?

Here is what is written:

Congratulations, and welcome to the University of California, Berkeley. You have been admitted for the fall semester of 2022 to the College of Letters and Science.

[Name], you are an excellent match for Berkeley. This offer of admission recognizes your outstanding academic and personal achievements and celebrates the passion, persistence, and convictions you bring to this campus. Even through a global pandemic, you have exhibited profound resilience and excellence. You and your loved ones have every reason to be proud of your success.

We want you to shape Berkeley, just as you will be shaped by your experiences here. You join a welcoming and dynamic community that shares your eagerness to challenge the status quo and reimagine the future. Study and work alongside accomplished faculty and distinguished scholars. Forge long-lasting friendships in your quest to intensify your voice. Take advantage of the boundless opportunities and resources that equip you to achieve your career goals and make a mark in the world, wherever your adventure leads.

We are confident in your ability and desire to make our community a place where diversity of thoughts and perspectives come together. You demonstrate extraordinary resilience and ambition and stood out among more than 128,000 freshman applicants for your remarkable energy, curiosity, and creativity. Berkeley is lucky to have you, and you deserve to be here. You are Berkeley!

We in the Berkeley community are delighted to celebrate the unique contributions you bring. Once you are ready, accept your offer of admission in the MAP@Berkeley portal. To secure your place as a Golden Bear, please respond to this offer any time before 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time) on May 1, 2022.

Please remember to read all of your letters linked below, including your Conditions of Admission, Regents’ and Chancellor’s Scholarship, and more.

I hope you choose Berkeley on your journey to the future. Welcome to the family. Go Bears!

Sincerely,
Olufemi Ogundele
Associate Vice Chancellor of Enrollment and Dean
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of California, Berkeley

18 Likes

Congratulations !

Are you from California?

Congrats!

I’m a little confused about the Regents Scholarship. If I didn’t receive a status update, does that mean I didn’t get it? Is there an admissions update that notifies you that you weren’t selected for regents but are under consideration for Berkeley in general?

no, I am not

Does GMP come out at this time today?

1 Like

Only small percentage of High stat, Regents invitees, possibly MET and GMP applicants will be admitted today. The rest of the admission decisions will be posted at the end of March. If you did not receive a portal update then you need to wait for your decision in March.

6 Likes

has anyone else heard?

2 Likes

According to the UCB website, some GMP will hear early and some will hear in March.

Congratulations and GO BEARS! Ignore that extremely rude response. Good luck with the Regents interview.

7 Likes

Does this mean MET hasn’t come out yet today? Or it has…

CONGRATS!! That’s amazing, this wasn’t for MET though right?

I have not seen any confirmation that MET has come out. Just 1 poster saying that got in but still not confirmed if they have been invited for a Regents interview.

Did anyone else get an early acceptance?

hi! i am an applicant for berkeley-sciences po dual degree and i did receive an acceptance letter to berkeley (nothing from sciences po) at around 3:28 pm (no email, just portal update)!

8 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. But most likely it will come out by today if we’ll here early? Also I’m OOS, but I could still potentially hear today from MET right?

2 Likes

Didn’t MET already come out?

1 Like

Congratulations

1 Like