UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

Hi! I was able to access my source code by going to “develop” at the top of my page and then “show source code” on safari. I’m not great with this kind of stuff, but you can do a quick google search for your specific browser. This is what I could see:

<fieldset id="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e">
                                                                        <div class="form_label"></div>
                                                                        <div class="form_responses">
                                                                            <div class="form_response">
                                                                                <input id="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_1" type="checkbox" data-text="I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application." name="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e" value="I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application." autocomplete="off"/>
                                                                                <label for="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_1">I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.</label>
                                                                            </div>
                                                                                <input id="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_2" type="checkbox" data-text="I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application." name="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e" value="32b157f3-17ca-4511-b4ed-6bec33c5d94e" autocomplete="off"/>
                                                                                <label for="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_2">I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.</label>
                                                                            </div>
                                                                                <input id="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_3" type="checkbox" data-text="===RETIRED Prompts===" name="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e" value="===RETIRED Prompts===" autocomplete="off"/>
                                                                                <label for="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_3">===RETIRED Prompts===</label>
                                                                            </div>
                                                                                <input id="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_4" type="checkbox" data-text="I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application." name="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e" value="I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application." autocomplete="off"/>
                                                                                <label for="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_4">I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.</label>
                                                                            </div>
                                                                                <input id="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_5" type="checkbox" data-text="I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable." name="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e" value="I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable." autocomplete="off"/>
                                                                                <label for="form_b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e_5">I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable.</label>
                                                                            </div>
                                                                        </div>
                                                                    </fieldset>
                                                                </div>

This is pretty much similar to what @storage_drive has. I’m trying not to look too much into things, though/

1 Like

Could someone please guide me on how to check the portal through the withdraw option? I’m new to this and don’t want to mess anything up.

2 Likes

this is what i have

form.conditionalPromptConfig =
                                                            [{
                                                                "field": "b2b77b30-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266f5e",
                                                                "conditions": [{
                                                                    "prompts": ["32b157f3-17ca-4511-b4ed-6bec33c5d94e"],
                                                                    "condition": function(form)
                                                                    {
                                                                        return ( (true) || (false)) ;
                                                                    }
                                                                }, {
                                                                    "prompts": ["I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable."],
                                                                    {
                                                                        return (false) && (false) && (true);
                                                                    }
                                                                }, {
                                                                    "prompts": ["I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application."],
                                                                    {
                                                                        return (false) && (false) && (true);
                                                                    }
                                                                }, {
                                                                    "prompts": ["===RETIRED Prompts==="],
                                                                    {
                                                                        return ( false) ;
                                                                    }
                                                                }, {
                                                                    "prompts": ["I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application."],
                                                                    {
                                                                        return (false) && (false);
                                                                    }
                                                                }]
                                                            }];

i really don’t think this means anything, though… like the RETIRED Prompts don’t point to anything. mine is just in a different location than yours, but i don’t know if the retired prompts refer to the ones above, or the ones below.

Yeah, so just click on “Withdraw application” on your portal. It’s not just a single click thing, so no need to worry! It’ll ask you for confirmation before actually withdrawing LOL. But, after you’re on that page, you can right click to see your source code. If you’re on Safari like I am, you can follow what I wrote above.

Hmm not sure. But, I think Berkeley might have caught on. They fixed the “admitted student day” loophole, so they’ve probably dealt with this withdraw form leak, too.

how do we know they fixed the admitted day loophole?

i don’t think this code means anything, except for maybe the upcoming scholarship thing where the “retired prompts” may have an impact on something. don’t know though.

does anyone else have the same source code ?

1 Like

This is where they had the new student event links last year I think. Those held the definitive clues to your admission status.

yup! and then when you click on Cal Day and such, it says something along the lines of site under renovation.

So I have RETIRED prompts in a different position than you and @storage_drive. Do others want to post their source code so we can see if this may actually lead to some kind of prediction?

do you have any “false” or “True” indicators like in my source code?

just searched up some past astrology, it’s the “true” or “false” lines that make a difference

Do I click for the source code on the confirmation page?

mine says “false, false, true.” AFAIK, the second one is whether you’re a freshman or transfer applicant. Expect it to be false for the majority of us.

Yes

yeah that’s the thread i was reading too

i also have false, false, true… so i don’t know if this really means anything

Also something to note: these withdrawal form changes started to happen the night before decisions were released. Perhaps we should revisit this thread tomorrow night LOL!

1 Like

Gosh, kids don’t do anything dumb such as withdrawing by mistake. Not worth it, just wait! Your parents will be so mad if there is a fiasco.

it appears that information has been added to the new admit site. there’s a general link for events (however no new admitted student event links are posted yet)

For those who are not aware, the response given when you tried to register for a newly admitted student event was a very accurate predictor. I don’t remember much being said about it before mid-march however.

2 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Wow just yesterday the site wasn’t updated- they’re probably going to open registration after regents comes out tmrw for those admitted