UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

Same. I think login into CAS wasn’t possible as of yesterday

yes, biz admin

im lowkey kinda paranoid now bc of the whole conflict a few years ago with harvard banning portal astrologers and that berkeley is gonna see that i logged into their cas websites or something. obv it’s a different situation and all but it still gets me paranoid

I got not authorized when logging onto calnet account manager, no account for campus solutions, but i was able to see an ID when logging into cas. All used map@berkeley id to login

3 Likes

The words “you can now enter numerous secure applications without re-entering your CalNet ID” make it pretty clear this is sneaking into an area that applicants are not authorized to access yet.

I don’t think it rises to the extent of the Harvard case, but some colleges might view it as an ethical violation.

1 Like

And I’m generally a supporter of the idea that if what you’re doing feels wrong to you, it likely is…

1 Like

Exactly.

Decisions come in about 48 hours. I can’t see how it is worth any risk of being caught trying to get unauthorized access to university systems just to get a hint of the decision.

5 Likes

This. Exactly. Folks – let’s just wait til Thursday. It will be here bf you know it.

2 Likes

is the source code thing still valid? I have forbidden and my source code is different than a friend with not auth

mine is false true true
theirs is false false true

1 Like

Can anyone else report whether they are “forbidden” or “not authorized” as well as what their source code says?

Not authorized and false true true

1 Like

R u sure? Would u mind sending a screen shot? Thanks

1 Like

Interesting, thanks!

what does this indicate based on last year’s portal astrology?

1 Like

He’s accepted but still getting “not authorised”

1 Like

How do we check the withdraw source code?

1 Like

So, did this change for you in last few days from false, false, true?

1 Like

If this is true, it changes everyting
An administrative issue with Cal seems far more plausible than them fixing source issues from last year

can u explain more