UC Davis Fall 2022: Transfer Thread

Picnic Day is Saturday, April 23, and they almost always release transfer decisions before then.

1 Like

My son is a TAG student for UC Davis. He did get his TAG approved, but he still doesn’t have a formal acceptance in his portal (it says pending status still). I know he’s basically in (because he’s met all the conditions), but it would still be nice to get that formal “Acceptance” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someone can correct me, but I think that TAG students get the formal university acceptance (beyond the TAG approval previously received in the fall) in their portal at the same time that all the other decisions are released, so, per the above, sometime around April 15 or 22.

To quote Tom Petty: “You take it on faith, you take it to the heart. The waiting is the hardest part.”

1 Like

@thedreamydaisy: @20172021 is correct that even getting TAG approved, you have to wait for your formal acceptance from UCD in April.

Out of the 6 UC campuses that accept TAG, only UCD will post an approval early. The rest of the campuses will send a TAG approval with their admission decision in April.

1 Like

My daughter is in the exact same boat. It will be great though when it’s “officially official.”

Separate question
 any insights on Village Green? When we visited campus it seemed very new but a bit far from the action. Could living off campus also be an option as some apartments we saw seemed actually closer to campus.

My son is going to live off campus. He has a girlfriend who already attends UC Davis (she started there as a Freshman). They already put a deposit on an apartment as they go so quickly. They are going to be just 2 blocks from downtown Davis and a 7 minute bike ride to campus. The Green Apartments are nice and new but they are definitely a little outside of the main campus.

1 Like

One other thought, if you join the UC Davis parents group on Facebook, you can get tons of feedback on the various apartment complexes around the school. That’s what I did.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how admissions generally roll out for Davis? Do they come out in waves or is it all at once?

Decisions come out all at once.

1 Like

According to Ask Ms. Sun website, transfer admission decisions for UCD are likely either 4/15 (tomorrow) or 4/22.

I’m wondering if anyone has anything more specific? Is tomorrow the day??? My D already has the TAG, but she’s still anxious and wants it to be official. And as a parent, I’ve joined her obsession too!

Anyway, let’s hope that tomorrow’s “the day” when decisions start to roll and best of luck to everyone.

We’re also hoping tomorrow is the day. My son had his TAG approved too, but we still want that formal acceptance. I think if it is tomorrow it will likely be around 3pm.

1 Like

What time did decisions roll out previous years?

I called admissions, and it’s not coming out today.

I just (JUST) spoke to undergrad admissions and was told it’ll start later in the day today and go throughout the weekend. The person who answered had to ask her supervisor and she said that is their definitive plan.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update! My daughter just got her acceptance at UCSC, but Davis is the big one that we’re waiting on. UCSB (according to Ms Sun website) is on 4/21.

Any clue on what time they will start rolling out? Does anyone know what time they rolled out in previous years?

So no UCD today?

no idt so

All I know is admissions said late/later today and into the weekend, so I trust what I heard. I think it’ll start sometime today for sure.

were they sure or were they like “im pretty sure its today and maybe over the weekend” or smth like that? Its gettin p late in the day now