UC Davis Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

got off for bio at 5 pm

4 Likes

Congratulations!!!

Got in for neurobio, physiology, and behavior today!! 5 PM!! so excited! will be committing!!!

2 Likes

wonder if this is going to be the last wave…

congrats! did you tour the campus already?

hopefully not

Daughter got off for Computer Science!!! Over the moon!!!

9 Likes

Heartiest congratulations!!
When did you get off ?

1 Like

Congrats! When did you receive the email? What are the stats if you could share? The only person I knew got off for CS. Hearty congrats again!

2 Likes

not yet! will soon though

2 Likes

Email received at 5pm

3 Likes

Congratulations to everyone who has so far gotten in! Quick questions though, have only people been accepted? I haven’t heard of any getting rejected. I am also a CS major but haven’t gotten a response yet. Does this mean I probably won’t be making it in?

Historically UCD does not send out denials until they have met their enrollment targets and close the waitlist.

No Decision = No Decision

For those who are getting accepted off the waitlist, it would be useful to those that are still waiting to know what your GPA’s were on you application. People seem to only be putting their majors down, but I am very curious about what GPA levels are getting accepted off the waitlist. ??

1 Like

UC’s tend to be GPA focused but GPA alone is not the only criteria used for waitlist admits. Since there is no waitlist statement requirement this year, admissions will use the UC application information and the original application review criteria/scoring to determine which students will be admitted based on their institutional needs.

2 Likes

My daughter’s friend got off from waitlist late April this year. From same high school, her UW GPA was lower than my daughter’s 3.70 and got in. Friend took lesser AP courses & extracurricular activities . Friend’s major was microbiology, my D was neurobiology physiology and behavior and still on waitlist. And her friend didn’t commit to UCD, and my D still waiting.

Like others have said, GPA is only one area they look at, but to answer your question my daughter was admitted off the waitlist on May 9th this year and she has a 3.92 uw and 4.27 weighted gpa.

1 Like

My son got off the waitlist on May 9th for Cinema and Digital Media. He has a 4.29 W and 3.97 UW GPA. He got off the Berkeley waitlist at the same time and ended up choosing to go to UC Berkeley.

1 Like

got off with 3.8 UW 4.03 W + multiple ECs, lab internships, etc. i also wrote a short loci in the additional info box when updating grades but idk if that helped

2 Likes

What major?