UC Davis Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Only 1 admit wave last year on May 5.

Daughter just got in for Neuroscience. Received an email today at 1:47pm.
She withdrew her sir from SB and committed to UCI. Now it is again a hard decision. UCI and UCD, which one has better bio/neuroscience program?

1 Like

Better in what way? What made her change her SIR from UCSB to UCI? Did she compare the major curriculums? What is her goal as a Neuroscience/Bio major? Has she visited UCD? Which campus does she prefer?

1 Like

Yes we visited the campus and downtown. Since we visited on a Sunday, there weren’t a lot of students around campus except at ARC, main library and Segundo dining hall. D23 really liked the campus and felt the students she saw matched her speed. She said she can definitely see herself there for 4 years especially since she loves biking! I thought the food at the dining hall was good and we both loved the quaint college town!

We’re going to visit UCI tomorrow on a self guided tour again. Hopefully she’ll be able to make a decision soon :blush:! Thanks again for all your info!

1 Like

Congratulations to all who got in. Does this look like it is the last wave or is there still hope? Also, did anyone get off the waitlist for psychology?

No one has posted a Psychology admit on this discussion. You might want to check other social media sites.

Do you if there will potentially be another wave of WL admissions…? Waiting on biology…TIA

1 Like

Not sure why people keep on asking about will there be more admits unless they call admissions and they state they are not done with the waitlist yet. Only admissions has the information so unless an admissions officer follows these discussions, no one can answer with any certainty.

1 Like

I still see movement in UCLA and Cal WL so I personally think there might be. It’s kind of ripple effect.

1 Like

This year, has the UC Davis waitlist pattern been every other week on Tuesday around 2:00?

1 Like

Waitlist waves have been approximately every 10 days but at a certain point it goes from a wave to a trickle and I think we are seeing that now. Only a small number will gain admission now.

3 Likes

also, what is the dorm situation like for those would get off the waitlist? are there still some good dorm spots?

Dorms are assigned later in the summer. All freshman are guaranteed housing.

4 Likes

My daughter has two friends got off the waitlist on May 22nd, in state, one for applied math major, one is uncleared (planning for physics) We are still on waitlist fo biochem, not sure if there is still hope as it is already the end of May. it’s a torture and feel sorry for all these kids have to go through this.

2 Likes

The uc davis portal is down on my end. Is that true for anyone else?

No. It’s fine for me.

Wave today?

1 Like

Not for me

Apparently one person got off???

What major. Can u please provide more info.