UC Davis Waitlist 2025

UCSC just sent out a decently big wave this past week, not sure if it is any sort of indicator but it is possible

wait do they only let you know if you get accepted? i thought they let u know even if you get rejected?

I think they would let you know by June 30th if you were rejected. No one has received anything yet tho I believe

I don’t think so… I’ve checked Twitter Reddit Instagram tiktok and literally every other social thread and everyone seems to be in the same grey area

1 Like

I think at this point the admissions officers have gone home, I think this Friday is another bust

Have any UCs closed their waitlists?

They went on an early summer vacation since April

So when are we supposed to get our results :sob:

Wonder if they’re waiting for high school senior grades to help them decide which students to accept from WL? If that’s the case, most grades are in by now, hopefully they’ll start moving.

Are the students supposed to update the final grades on the waitlisted UC portals? The school Counselor sent the official transcript only to the committed + 1 more college (on Common apps). I thought only if “admitted” from the WL, we are supposed to send the official transcript through the counselor.

I believe so (speaking about UC Davis), my son updated his senior grades a few days ago (he got straight A’s in senior year, hope it will help him, if there’re actual spots available…). Even prior to this (if I remember correctly), when he submitted the waitlist confirmation, somewhere in the form it states he’ll need to update his status with “approximate” grades at some point.

kolhelp, if you’re on Davis waitlist, please check your portal and make sure that you update your status if there’s a request for it. You don’t want to miss it because of this… I think they will of course require the official transcript later (I suspect they can automatically obtain it?)

1 Like

Thanks much, informed my son to follow-up on this.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Looks like there are many concerned parents here! :slight_smile: Wish him luck!

Wait so are we supposed to update our spring grades in the portal?

According to UC Davis Waitlist information, Spring grades are not required to be updated but if you have access then I would update them if possible.

Here is what UCD states they review for the waitlisted applicants:

** Before making our decisions, we will review your 200-word statement, as well as the fall grades and spring coursework-in-progress that must be submitted as part of your waitlist acceptance.**

1 Like

My son told me he submitted an update after he received the final grades, although I don’t know the details of that process. We did see this message from the UC Davis FAQ when he submitted the waitlist letter:

Q: Do you accept letters of recommendation, transcripts or other supporting documents from students on the waitlist?

A: No, letters of recommendation, transcripts and other supporting documents cannot be reviewed. Before making our decisions, we will review your 200-word statement, as well as the fall grades and spring coursework-in-progress that must be submitted as part of your waitlist acceptance.

I believe they should all have access (to update their grades). My son updated twice, once when Spring was still in progress (estimated grades), and then actual final grades just last week.

I agree, especially since they are well beyond the normal waitlist notification timeline. Just posting what the FAQ states on the waitlist decisions. As always, anything and everything can change.

2 Likes

I have trouble believing they have more than a few openings, if any. They must know how disruptive it would be to notify people who may already be deep into the pre-orientation process of some other university. If they had a lot of spots, they would have offered them sooner. (At least that’s my read.)