UC Irvine Class of 2027 Official Thread

How hard it is to get into uci as chemical engineering major. Acceptance rate is 43% but is the applicant pool competitive and does anyone have stats of anyone that got accepted /rejected last year

1 Like

If you go find the UC Irvine Class of 2026 thread from last year, I’m sure you will see posts that are helpful. But just remember that stats are only one element (and very depending on the context of your school/opportunities). Good luck!

1 Like

Any updates or predictions for uci decisions?

1 Like

Me 3…

??? Wdym

How about Davis’ picnic day?

This could be misleading. How about students admitted from waitlist (probably after May 2nd)? If they could guarantee housing for the initially admitted, they should be able to guarantee for students admitted from waitlist because the number of freshman remains the same.

does anyone know the acceptance rate for business economics. I have it as my alternate major after business administration.

Admit rate for Business Econ was 17.5%.

2 Likes

The list I posted is specifically admitted student days. I mentioned Picnic Day several times in the Davis thread.

Any idea on decision date please

3/17 probably in the late afternoon.

I do not work for the university so can’t say with certainty. What I’ve seen is that there is room for freshman housing for some, but not all, students admitted from the waitlist.

I thought you listed are both admitted student day and open house.

1 Like

No speculation once again, but I’m able to reaccess my registration to the Celebrate UCI event.

If anyone wants to try, you’d have to log into your portal first in a separate page, then open the link to click register now. Curious if anyone else is able to do so.

so it lets you register after you logged in?

I could. What does it mean though lol

Well, I just signed in as my son and tried to register, but it says “You must be an admitted applicant to register for this event.” Maybe the fact that you can register means good news is coming your way!

2 Likes

Ok, I will summarize:

Do we have anyone who was NOT already registered for this event, but is now able to register?

2 Likes

I have “You must be an admitted applicant to register for this event” :pensive: