UC Irvine Class of 2027 Official Thread

Seems the message is an error. Shows the message for me as well but lets you in.

When you set up your UCI account, did you set up the app called Duo Mobile on your phone? If you did, you receive a push from the app asking you to authenticate your login.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I also got that email; most of my friends received it as well so I’d have to assume its advertising!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I think you may be onto something. We cannot register. :frowning:

I truly wouldn’t take that to mean anything.

4 Likes

if you missed applying for honors program ( i guess it was during application), is there a way to do that later ?

There was an email in Dec that had a note at the very bottom that mentioned to click and let them know if interested in honors. It was just an interest list. If you can find the email(looked like a newsletter and you had to read to the bottom) you might still be to confirm interest.

2 Likes

Is it worth apply for honors? Any benefits?

1 Like

Did anyone get an email last week from UCI Law about taking a survey if interested in future Law school in UCI?

5 Likes

My daughter did.

1 Like

Thanks! I was surprised to get it but not sure if it means anything as my intended major is not related.

yes would like to know
thanks

Yes, both of my kids got it, so I assumed it was sent to all applicants.

1 Like

My daughter got it too. I think it was sent to everyone.

1 Like

@Gumbymom Is it worth apply for honors? Any benefits? Does it add to the cost and numbers of year to graduate?

There is no extra costs involved in UCI’s CHP but the biggest perk is priority registration. Is it worth it? That is a personal choice for your student.

Advantages:
Enhanced honors academic curriculum
● Research project with a faculty advisor
● Honors academic advising support
● Leadership development
● Interaction with outstanding faculty
● Social events and service opportunities ● Honors housing option
● Priority registration for classes
● Special library study rooms
● Honors notation on UCI transcript and diploma

I would look at the CHP website and see if it would be a good fit. If the student is interested in research or need LOR’s for graduate school, the Honors college could be a good option since Honor’s students will get priority for these opportunities along with getting to know their professors better.
https://honors.uci.edu/

5 Likes

can you join now or when admitted

2 Likes