UC Irvine Class of 2027 Official Thread

Is the uci honors notified via email or portal?

They usually send an email first telling u to check the portal

2 Likes

Actually the portal updates first then followed by an email.

3 Likes

FAFSA status changed back

1 Like

Did anyone get anything yet?

Nothing yet

1 Like

They might have changed the date then or would do it on monday ?

1 Like

What did they do in 2021

1 Like

Is it possible that they maybe aren’t releasing an ED batch this year??

UCI does not do ED. They do early admits for CHP/Regents and yes it is possible that they may not do early admits this year.

3 Likes

Sorry, that’s what I meant when I said ED.

2 Likes

Can anyone tell the uci acceptance rate for bio major, on their website all i can find is the transfer rate not the freshman.

also is it possible for uci to release some admissions this monday for honor students or would it always be a friday

1 Like

For 2022, Biological Sciences 23.7% admit rate with 13,713 applicants and admitted 3,248.

https://datahub.oapir.uci.edu/Data-Hub/Undergraduate-Admissions-Dashboard.php

Ok thanks another question. When they say admit by “major” do they mean like the specifc major or the “school” that major falls into at uci. Like both chem and bio major falls under biological science school. So does that mean acceptance rate would both be 22% because on the link it only has acceptjace by schools

UCI admits into the University first then into the major so you can be admitted to your 1st choice major, alternate major or Undeclared.

5 Likes

Are you sure because last year in my school, a uci admisssion officer came and he said that the major u choose has a huge impact on whether u get in or not. He told us that they select by major. Like he said someone with less gpa might be able to get in because the person choose a less impacted major. I was just confused on whether he meant the “school” by major or like actual specifc major

1 Like

Yes, I am sure unless UCI has changed their Freshman selection this year. On the UC application, you are asked for a 1st choice major and an alternate. If you are admitted into UCI, you are evaluated for your 1st choice major but if you do not meet UCI’s threshold for admission to that major, they will evaluate for your alternate major. If you do not meet alternate major threshold but still have a strong academic record they will then consider admitting you as Undeclared.

If you go through the discussion threads from the last few years, you will see what I am talking about.

Major selection is important since many majors such as CS, Biological Sciences, Engineering, Business are popular and competitive. The issue is that if you select a less competitive major to get an acceptance and then want to switch into a more competitive major after enrolling, it might not be possible.

UCI admits by major but not by college.

5 Likes

I was looking up something for another thread and noticed that UCI guarantees two years of on-campus housing. According to the website, the housing application must be completed by MAY 2, 2023. That’s only one day after the SIR (Statement of Intent to Register) deadline.

Freshmen enrolling for fall 2023 are eligible for two years of on-campus housing if the housing application is completed by May 2, 2023. The Statement of Intent to Register must be submitted (by May 1, 2023) to access the housing application. The fall 2023 housing application opens on March 1, 2023. Housing contracts must be completed by the stated deadline, and students must live on campus for their entire first year to qualify for guaranteed housing in the second year.

https://housing.uci.edu/first-year/

5 Likes

Is Biomedical engineering an impacted major at UCI? Anyone have the data for acceptance rate?

1 Like