UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Probably an ant’s chance of escaping an anteater.

if we got CHC does that mean we can’t get regents?

D22 accepted into UCI Honors. Email from 2 days ago.
She is waiting for UCLA. Thats her target UC School.

1 Like

Normally UCI notifies CHC and Regents at the same time and yes, some students receive both. We have not heard of any Regents notifications from UCI this year. Maybe it will be announced this week.

6 Likes

Anyone think UCI will release another wave today or have to wait until Friday?

3 Likes

I wish they would release today. I believe UCLA releases on Friday (historically). It would be nice to process the acceptances/rejections/waitlists one day at a time :sweat_smile:!

6 Likes

Also, UCSD is likely to release decisions on Friday - going to be a very busy day!

10 Likes

Yes, they will on Friday

3 Likes

still waiting for an answer…anybody got admitted from nursing program?

2 Likes

I think majority of the UCI admission are not out. Wait until Friday after 330pm PST and ask again.

4 Likes

if you got CHC, is it safe to assume you won’t be getting regents?

Unless we hear that Regents have been announced/awarded, it is still an option.

5 Likes

gotcha, thank you!

Question about UCI CHP honors, Is that only for first gen college students with the highest academic? What about also highest academic but not first gen college student? My D talked to some of her friends and found out the lower class ranking classmates and first gen college students got accepted into CHP; the higher class ranking students but not first gen college student did not get in and still waiting for the result.

Chiming in as a parent of a kid at UCI now (graduated from high school in 2020). I have no idea how admissions is rolling out this year, but my kid is not first gen and was accepted to CHP and also awarded Regents in 2020.

1 Like

No, it is not specific to first generation students. My understanding is that the major academic departments are involved in selecting top students that fit the CHP admission profile:

motivated learners dedicated to scholastic excellence and personal growth.

A student can always apply for the CHP after attending UCI for 1 quarter if they meet the requirements:
https://honors.uci.edu/admissions/requirements-for-current-uci-students/

2 Likes

My portal changed today. Buttons disappeared and there are no time line on the right side of the website.

1 Like

Me too

Looks the same as it always has here with March deadlines noted on the right side of the screen.

UCI not letting me withdraw application either. Interesting.

1 Like