UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

no alt major

Alt major shows up for my D22.

1 Like

Portal appears normal… is this a rejection?

It looks the same as yesterday with the three tabs, Home, Info/Academics, FAQs

The right tool bar looks normal as before, with the withdraw button present.

Mine was like that, but now it’s back to normal.

back to normal as well

Looks like you posted while I was at lunch. Maybe it changed for me and I didn’t notice …

But anyways, looks pretty clear that we’re going to see a release today.

5 Likes

Does merit come along with the decision or is that application separate?

UCI has not released Regents yet, so it is possible to see merit with the decisions.

1 Like

I hope this isn’t a dumb question…do students apply for a Regents merit scholarship or are students selected from the admissions application and is there specific criteria?

Automatically considered for regents based on your UC application and typically the top1-2% are offered the scholarship

1 Like

What @HumbleTeen stated: Applicants are automatically considered for the Regents scholarships based on the UC application information.

3 Likes

Not a dumb question as each UC selects/awards Regents differently. Berkeley notifies their Regents candidates early (Feb) and asks them to interview for the scholarship. In the past (but not this year), UCLA has asked Regents candidates to submit an additional application for the scholarship. Most of the UCs award it based off of what is submitted in the UC application.

1 Like

how likely is it that decisions definitely come out today?

1 Like

Very likely

3 Likes

Do all honors acceptances get some kind of merit aid?

I wish! My son hasn’t. Or at least, not that we’ve heard about.

We are in this together. All the best, everyone! :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Our son was accepted into honors a few years back. I don’t believe there was merit aid.

Most don’t. However, CHC students do receive priority registration which is priceless. :technologist:t3:

The order of enrollment windows at UCI can be found here.

5 Likes

Merit is about $11k if you are regents and deans scholar. At least the how it was class 2024

2 Likes