UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

I can register as well

3 Likes

Me too

1 Like

mine is letting me register with freshman 22 as well…

Same I don’t think it means anything

2 Likes

It was at about 3:30PST

Too early to pre-game for today’s Irvine & San Diego decisions?

6 Likes

Change of topic, my son applied as an Art major and is having second thoughts. Do you know if it’s easy to change majors right of the bat? I know that certain majors are impacted and he probably has no chance with those but wondering about the other majors.

1 Like

What major is he interested in changing into? You have to attend 1 quarter at UCI and meet any pre-req course/GPA requirements (if there are any) to change majors.

1 Like

He’s thinking Business Economics or Economics in the School of Social Sciences and not the Business school.

I think Business Econ and Econ are hugely popular (with great job potential) and therefore, might be impacted.

Gumbymom?

-HT

Here is the link for the change of major requirements: School of Social Sciences

Business Economics
Requirements Description
Cumulative UC GPA: 2.00 GPA
2.00 GPA for the quarter prior to changing major
Course grades No grade below a “C” in Math 2A-B and Econ 20A-B, with an average of 2.50 GPA OR ABOVE

Economics
Requirements Description
Cumulative UC GPA: 2.00 GPA
2.00 GPA for the quarter prior to changing major
Course grades No grade below a “C” in Math 2A-B and Econ 20A-B, with an average of 2.50 GPA or above

1 Like

Yep I was wondering that too but I noticed on the Business school side, they say on there that it’s very impacted but there’s no note of that for Bus Econ or Econ so wondering if it’s easier?

Yep saw that…hope that’s it and hope it’s not too hard!

You might want to contact the Department directly and ask if completing the requirements is a guarantee for admission. Business Econ and Econ are very popular so they could be impacted.

https://www.undergrad.socsci.uci.edu/contact/

1 Like

On the portal, everything in the right column disappeared except the account tools links.

Also the home tab is the only one left.

3 Likes

Interesting. I don’t see any changes though.

Yes, the portal view is changing…

3 Likes

Maybe prepping for a noon release?
#stirringupsh**

3 Likes

last year, portal changes started happening hours before decision release.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, did you not select an alternate major or did that disappear too?