UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

S22 wait listed for CS, 4.0 UW 4.72 W, ELC, 10 AP classes + 3 college classes. In-state.

can anyone else still not get into their portal?

3 Likes

My son still hasn’t gotten in to his portal🤷🏼‍♀️

3 Likes

I can’t either

1 Like

Accepted into Urban Studies (in-state), rejected from UCLA and UCSD, accepted into UCSC. The portal crashed soon after I opened the letter.

1 Like

Someone said today was a Coachella of UC’s. For my son was more like a Burning Man. L😂L

Denied for CS.

8 Likes

DD accepted OOS biological sciences. Director’s scholarship ($10k/yr)

3 Likes

Rejected for political science. 3.94 UW/4.26W Decent EC’s (some focused on major some not). You win some you lose some!

@Gumbymom My daughter applied for the Direct Entry BSN program. Yet she was accepted for Biological Sciences with no mention of Nursing. Am I correct in assuming she was rejected for that major and accepted for the Bio major?

Yes I was also accepted for my second choice major

Where do I find the financial aid award? We logged into the “my aid” portal via the admitted anteater guide and do not see any award/loans. Maybe it’s a fat gooseegg??? But I would think there would be some type of loan offer even if it’s small. Can someone tell me what I am missing here? Thanks.

So you were accepted for nursing too? Can you tell me where it says that? Maybe I am missing something?

No, my first choice was Business Administration and my second choice was Business Economics. They accepted me for my second choice.

1 Like

When will students start hearing back about the waitlist?

Rejected for Mechanical engineering/ Materials engineering Alternate, 3.7GPAUW/ 4.2W, Mediocre EC’s but essays were ok.

DD OOS waitlisted

Yes, she was accepted for her alternate major.

Usually after the May 1 SIR deadline, waitlisted applicants may be admitted. Sometimes earlier if spots open up.

3 Likes

Son Accepted into Electrical Engineering with Regent Scholarship
In-State
4.0 UW/4.5 W
ELC
8 APs
Engineering related ECs (Solar Boat,Vex Robotics)
Cross Country

This is my alma mater, so I’m extra excited that he got in!

6 Likes

Congratulations on the Regents scholarship!

2 Likes