UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

They are building many many dorm buildings. I think the commuter image will go down. The campus is very nice around Aldrich park and the University Town Center across the street from the campus is super convenient- smaller Target, Trader Joe’s, eating places that are great for residents of Irvine and for students alike, movie theater, nail place, new Pilates place coming, couple boba places, coffee places etc. UTC is great! UCI is near the Newport Beach border and there is another strip mall with other amenities as well. Fashion Island in Newport Beach and the beach is a very short drive away. Irvine is fantastic.

7 Likes

The acceptance rate of my major at Irvine for in-state people was 9.9% last year :sob:
It was 53.8% for OOS though :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Which major is that?

business admin.

1 Like

Anyone expecting decisions today for UCI?

3 Likes

Been thinking today yeah

1 Like

@pullinracks, I am going to assume that the yield rate was very low for OOS vs In-State? that could account for the higher OOS acceptances. Think this is very similar across the board for many UCs.

4 Likes

FWIW UCI and UCLA released on the same day back in 2020.

2 Likes

what time would decisions come out?

After 1 pm

It that today ?

In 2020 it was around 5:00

Is that 5pm pacific time?

Yep. I’m guessing it will be next Friday with UCLA and UCSD. But at this point who knows.

5 Likes

That’s gonna be such a loaded day if it is next Friday since uci and ucsd are my top choices .___.

4 Likes

@pullinracks What is your unweighted GPA?

agree. Davis is today. Everything feels like it will be later rather than sooner. UCI, LA, SD all late next week. Bank on it.

3 Likes

why next week as opposed to today?

Yes, guessing next week late. This is based on nothing other than constantly being disappointed waiting for possible earlier dates between now and the 2020 admission cycle.

4 Likes

I could barely sleep last night, was waiting for the decision. Not for me though, for my little sister lol. I woke her up at 5:50 in the morning because she told me that UCI would send out the decision at 6. It looks like we are gonna have to wait until next week. At least, she got accepted to SLO yesterday.

4 Likes