UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

I am very curious to know the strategy schools are using when they choose to delay sending decisions like this … especially if they clearly made decisions back on March 1. I doubt it’s because they are waiting to see how many kids accept/decline their March 1st offers, because I assume majority of students wait to commit until they have heard from all schools anyway. But nonetheless they must have some compelling reason for the delay. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

nothing yet today…just checked…

I think your reasoning is correct, they are probably waiting for those students who got acceptance on March 1 to make a final decision, the closer to the end of March the more students will make a decision, then the school will give those rejected acceptances to those who are still waiting but will most likely attend once get acceptances, just like us.

I don’t think most people make decision by March 31. Most will wait till May 1st. Also, unfortunately, many people will not even notify schools they are not interested in of their intent not to go.

The portal updates every after noon that is why the lady told me to check 3 times

Anyone doing pre-med at UCR?

I don’t say most will but some will, especially for those students who have high GPA but when they receive offers from schools like UCLA or UCSD (school probably can find that from UC internal network), they will certainly drop UCR.

Agree, but they should have already rejected whose far off from waitlist. So, if you did not receive anything yet, it means you are still in the game. It is still acceptable to wait until the end of March. However, it is really a torture if they extend it to April. We need to make decision and housing is another big issue.

1 Like

Yeah it’s painful, lots of preparation needs to do after we make the final decision, not just housing , sending transcript and health record, and new student orientation, etc., some schools like UCM even have multiple placement tests (UCM has 4 tests and the test deadline is May 15).

reddit has some info on pre med, in case you have not seen. There is also some way to get to medical school without MCAT. see the thread below …

https://www.reddit.com/r/ucr/comments/11jce27/considering_ucr_for_undergrad_is_it_a_good_option/

Has Anyone Checked Portals?

Nothing yet.

nothing for me as well… will they ever let us know?

Lol ucr spring break starts today… so assuming offices are closed shouldnt we have to get a result today

Looks like Cal Poly SLO doing the same thing.

I buy the theory:

They wait for some students decline their offers and accept more borderline students. They do not want to over admitted. However, for those far off applicants, they should release reject notifcation by now . I know my son has a very low chance for SLO, but he did not get any update yet.

Again, next Friday should be last day for our waiting! Please do not extend to April.

I dont think the offices will be closed

@collegeuser23 @Mada1 @Cherto123 What were your stats and major? I think you can look back at who was accepted and if your stats are similar you have a chance, but if your stats were lower chances are (unfortunately) you didn’t make it. Love the school that loves you!

Ahh nothing today Im so ready for this month to ve over and finally relax😩

i actually got my acceptance today at 3pm (march 24)

i switched my major though so that may play a factor in the delay of your acceptance. switched from comp sci to business economics.

2 Likes

Congrats! Interesting, CS may be one of the competitive majors that admission officer feels hard to make a decision.