UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

I got in for CS on march 1st with a 4.54 W / 3.86 UW / 4.17 UC gpa. apparently the 2022 UCR admissions cycle accepted around 3% of cs applicants (which is crazy cuz its only slightly higher than berkeley’s cs acceptance rate at 2.8ish%). i got told this by some woman whos son works in UCR admissions so i’m not sure how credible this is. Could definitely be much higher but I wouldn’t doubt it being around single digits given how absurd cs acceptance rates are nowadays. praying you get in :slight_smile:

I think it is much higher. 3% is like Berkeley and ucla, and santa barbara

1 Like

That is incorrect. This link gives you the admit rates for UCR majors for 2022. CS was around 36%
https://ir.ucr.edu/stats/admission_undergraduate

1 Like

My D23 received an email asking if she wants to change her major at this point. What does it mean?

If this data is to be believed, data science shows 98% acceptance. maybe some of you can switch and get in.

UCR did this last year. They are trying to fill spots in other majors that have openings. Did they give you a list of options?

1 Like

It is hard to believe that CS admission is much harder that Computer Engineering today.

Some of the data on that link is questionable. Robotics engineering for example shows more admitted than applied.

They didn’t.

Yes I noticed that about robotics acceptance rate last year… I assumed it was 100%. That is the major my son applied to so I thought he had a good chance, but we still have not gotten a decision so maybe not.

What is the computer engineering acceptance at UCR?

My son applied Robotics as alternative major as well, no decision yet. I think most of us will get the result by next Friday. However according to some posts here , admission office mentions that it may be extended to April for some applications which is a nightmare.

It is better to commit to one of the school that have offered you by mid April if you did not get the decision by that time, so you are sure you will go to college this fall.

Did she list an alternate major? Are there other majors she would consider if accepted at UCR, if so then I would email them back with her list and see what they say.

According to the stats link, 59% for Computer engineering in 2022.

Portal not responding to request to change major…spinning but says: “You have requested a major change that requires further review. We will notify you of our decision via e-mail and on your MyUCR account within 15 business days.”…Too bad we don’t have 15 days

1 Like

So did you receive an email about changing majors? Are they requiring you to change through the portal? Assuming they did not give you a list of open majors?

My son with UC GPA 4.08 applied to CS but no results yet. He put CS with Business Applications as alternate major. Do you thing CSBA is also impacted ?

No email. Just logged in to portal, went to “change major”, selected what I wanted from drop down menu and looks like it went through, because when I tried to do it again it said “you can only submit 1 request in 15 days”. Also said after review they will email if request approved or denied. No email yet.

1 Like

You are right. Lot of the engineering majors have > 100% acceptance rate. I would say the reality is probably the CS admission is lower than what this questionable data predicts.

1 Like

CSBA had a 51% admit rate 2022 vs. 36% for CS so less competitive last year however, the admit rate does not show how competitive the applicant pool was for that major. 806 applicants in 2022, 408 admitted and 54 enrolled.

1 Like