UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

I just hope they will re-evaluate application major change request in the next couple days BEFORE final decisions are out.

A lot of people said and I agree " Major is more important than school in term of your future income". Another tough year, good luck to you!

1 Like

Is sociology impacted at ucr should I switch major my alternate is History

1 Like

Is it advisable to switch Major or alternate major now ? Will they even consider the request ?

If i were to change it i would do global studies but Is it too late

I would contact admissions and ask your question. If you are going through the portal change of major request, it may not be processed until well after all decisions are posted.

1 Like

I would not switch majors until you contact admissions since it may not make a difference at this point. If you have gotten an email from UCR asking you if you want to switch, then I would reply directly to the email and ask your options.

Is sociology impacted Lets say there isnt more space will they accept me with my alternate

It’s not possible to say if you definitely will or will it be offered admission to your alternate major.

It depends on the quality of the applicant pool, and overall competitiveness.

*will or will not

1 Like

Yes, they will consider your alternate if they cannot accommodate you in your primary major. You also have to remember that your alternate major would also be another applicants primary major so no guarantees.

Ok thank you i will contact the office

ah that makes a looooot more sense. I couldn’t believe it myself when I heard it lmao. thanks for clarifying

interesting - my son listed Robotics as his alternate major and Computer Science with Bus. Applications as primary. We still have not received a decision…I wonder if Robotics has a high acceptance rate, then he might be accepted to it?

The 2022 data that was linked above is “wonky” so you cannot determine anything from it since it shows more admitted applicants for Robotics vs. the number applied. Since it was a new major, the data is looks inaccurate.

Did UCR even offer Robotics major to apply last year? It does not make sense for only 1 student applied last year. Looks like the program was not ready last year. If it is true, we will see a lot of more students to apply. Since it is not ABET accredit yet (applying according to UCR website), I expected it is not as competitive as another engineering major.

Yes, they offered it last year. I saw a couple of admits for the Class of 2026.

1 Like

Then something wrong with the data on the link. Thanks for clarification! I still believe it is not as competitive as other engineering majors since it is new program and not ABET accredited yet.
Good luck to everyone!

OMG I ALSO JUST CHANGED MY MAJOR lets hope :smiling_face_with_tear:

when did you do the major change in your portal ??