UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

So maybe they are waiting for applicants to change major before sending out the final rejection if they don’t. :slight_smile:

Oh so it is not in waves necessarily

@Gumbymom is computer engineering a higher rate of acceptance or computer science?

According to the data, CS has a lower admit rate than Comp E but I am finding the 2022 admit data information is not accurate for several majors so I cannot confirm. Either major is not an easy admit.

Oh ok. Do you know the acceptance rates ruffly for both of them.

For CS, 36% and for CE around 52%

Yeah they told me no waves they release on a random basis, they should be done by Thursday

@Gumbymom Do you know the acceptance not based on the data from earlier for both of them

Not sure what you are asking. The only data that I have is from this link which for some majors does not make sense but CS/Comp E seem reasonable.

https://ir.ucr.edu/stats/admission_undergraduate

Let me look for my major

1 Like

Do i look at term or year

1 Like

Select Fall term, Freshman and major.

It does not let me do u think sociology is resonable

1 Like

Sociology is one of the majors that has inaccurate data. When I filter, I get an admit rate of 101% with 1206 applicants, 1217 admitted and 183 enrolled so more admits than applicants?? If I filter with Sociology/Admin Studies, I get a 87% admit rate. The issue is with all these admit rates, they do not give an GPA range for their admits so you do not know where you stand in comparison to the applicant pool.

Is it the same for Global Studies

Global studies show 84% admit rate with 141 applied, 119 admitted and 5 enrolled.

Does it say qvrg gpa

The link is for admission data. It gives no GPA information. The only GPA information is for the overall campus.

25-75% students with the Capped Weighted UC GPA: 3.81-4.20 for 2022 admits.

Is UCR coming out tomoroww?

Also for UCR @Gumbymom is that the percent of people they admit.