UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

Just checked. Major requested that we submitted Saturday got denied and they just rejected us. So…as expected rejections are rolling in

Well, it’s their loss. If they don’t want us, we don’t want them. Going to UCM!

6 Likes

Im considering i got a full ride

1 Like

so you got rejected as well I take it?

Yeah :sob:

Sorry to hear. But you got full ride at UCM? Take it and run! We’re gonna go paying full throttle. No financial aid, but glad it’s UC for top choice major.

Yeah

1 Like

i applied to other Cpp and Fullerton wondering which is better for sociology

for sociology you’ll be fine at either place, I bet.

1 Like

Yeah im planning on going on College Tours and seeing both campuses

My son got in for pre-business today at 12 pm.

2 Likes

For sociology I would go for the least expensive option. Limit the amount of student debt, if possible.

CSUF and CPP both have solid sociology programs. I’m sure UCM does, too.

Sorry to hear. My son also got rejected today, but that’s OK, life goes on. He’s currently considering between Arizona State, UCM and Indiana U at Bloomington, for CS. If you guys have any suggestion, you are welcome to give input.

1 Like

ASU and UCM are both great options

If you are in CA, UCM should be a good choice. It is CS major and a UC school. You will save tons more money than OOS schools . Also I think UCM ranking will keep on rising and it is top 100 national universities in last 2 years (us newsweek college rankings). Good luck!

1 Like

Yeah Thank You it happened for a reason im probably between CSUF UCM and CPP im gonna talk it over with my college counselor . It just frustrates me that I waited almost an entire month just to hear Rejection

That’s my reasoning as well. My son got in for CS to UCM, ASU, UofA (nice scholarship), LMU and Texas A&M (no scholarship at all), USD (no scholarship) as well as CPP and Fullerton (business information systems). Heavily leaning towards UCM. Waitlisted at UCSD, SDSU and Pepperdine but not at all holding our breath

1 Like

I did some survey yesterday among my friends and coworkers, I’m from Silicon Valley, most of them are suggesting to take ASU. ASU CS has greater reputation and many ASU graduates are in Silicon Valley.

Agree, UCM has got potential to rise on ranking, but I’m not sure if it will ever surpass UCR and UCSC which both are around #85. My son got scholarship from ASU, so the cost is about same as UCM.

ASU is good too. I believe both CS and engineering rankings are higher than UCSC and UCR . It was on my son’s original application list, but we think Arizona’s weather is too hot for him, so we did not apply to it.

Congrats on the scholarship!