UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

If offers come out 12 PM and 6 PM PST, and it is now 6:30 PM PST on March 31st, should all the decisions have been made already? Are there any other freshman applicants here that are still waiting?

Decision: Admitted

Merit scholarships awarded (if any): None

Major (and division if applicable) applied to: Anthropology /CHASS

ACADEMIC STATS::

Calculate your GPAs with

UC Unweighted GPA: 3.89

UC Capped Weighted GPA: 3.79

UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.35

ELC (top 9%): No

Comments about course load (including senior year): 5 IB course (EngHL, History HL, Spanish HL, EnvSci SL, Math SL), Marching Band, Drumline

SAT Subject Tests (if any): N/A

AP exams (scores in parentheses): Spanish Lang (4)

IB exams (score in parentheses): Art SL (5)

Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Letter in Marching Band

SUBJECTIVE::

For the following, indicate level of recognition or award (e.g. local, state, national, international) and/or leadership roles:

Extracurriculars:

Job/Work Experience: PT Job, Internships

Volunteer/Community service: 400+ hours

Summer Activities: Volunteering and Interships

DEMOGRAPHICS::

State (if domestic applicant): CA

High school type: Public

Pell grant eligible?: No

Highest level of parent education: BA

Living with both, one, or no parents?: Both

Waitlisted: UCSD

1 Like

My son, Biology major, has declined his offer of admission here at UCR so hopefully that will open up a slot for any one on the waitlist.

Go Highlanders! Wishing you all the best in the next 4yrs!!

3 Likes

My son is decided to join UCR this coming Fall and he paid SIR, completed housing contract. It seems like there is no option to pre-reserve a residence hall for freshman. Does anyone know how to pre-reserve a residence hall you want?

If the housing preferences are done the same way as previous years, you can select your building, roommates and room selection in July.

ok. Thanks!

Is the UCR grant on the Fin Aid offer the same as Regent scholarship (or something else)? Thanks,

The UCR grant is need based while Regents is merit based.

Award amounts are determined based on family income and financial need. Financial Aid applicants must file the FAFSA/Dream Act Application by the March 2 priority deadline to be eligible.

Thank you for your immediate response. And she wouldn’t see if she would be getting any Regents before she submits SIR, right?

Regents has already been awarded so if she has not been notified as a recipient, then she did not receive it.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll ask her if she got an additional email.

1 Like

Hahaha checked the portal everyday since March 2nd but by 6:01 PM March 31st there was still no update as a freshman applicant. I called the office a couple days ago, and they told me that my application was still pending! Just heard back today! Crazy application cycle!

May I know which major?

1 Like

My son accepted his offer a week ago and signed housing contract. Yesterday he got offer from ucsc same major. It was waitlist before. What should we do?

You can accept the UCSC waitlist offer, lose your enrollment deposit at UCR but your housing deposit should be refundable. Or stay with UCR. UCSC does have housing issues so something to consider. What major did he get in off the wait list?

Is UCR known to have housing shortages for freshman? Or is it fairly easy for freshman to get a spot even if they apply later in the summer?

I have not heard that UCR has any housing issues but their website states they are expect housing to be in high demand for Fall 2023. If you are asking about getting off the waitlist after May 1, I would contact Housing to confirm that housing is guaranteed for waitlisted Freshman.

1 Like

My son and I recently visited UCR. We did not expect much but pleasantly surprised how beautiful, clean and neat UCR campus is. UCR main campus is sort of smaller UC Davis but has much better landscaping and green belts. I was surprised how a dry area can have such beautiful greenish landscaping. Dorms look very good. The North District dorms look brand new but are not available for freshman. University Ave directly connects the campus to a small town with good number of restaurants and bars although I have spotted a couple of homeless and abandoned shops.

When standardized tests are removed and immutable tags/forced equity play much bigger roles in admissions, I expect the ranking of UC will reshuffle in 5-10 years. If your kids did not get into the dream UC, do not get discouraged. It is all up to you what you can learn and grow in school.

4 Likes

Both are CS major

Both are CS major.

1 Like