UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

Is regent out yet?

There is now: UC Riverside Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

1 Like

I have not seen anyone post that they have received Regents yet.

Accepted on march 1st

Major: Environmental science
UC GPA: 3.91 (capped and weighted)
APs: 6 (AP Bio, AP World History, AP Seminar, AP Research, AP US History, AP Env Sci) + 2 honors, 2 college courses. Currently taking 3 APs
Got a 3 in the first 3 (10th), 5 in APUSH, 4 in APES (AP scholar award & AP Scholar w/distinction)
In-state competitive public hs

Decent ECs
Music: good seat in school, received CMEA award
Teacher’s assistant: 40+ hours (?)
Key Club: 3 years (Officer for 1 yr, received Bronze Award, Member of the Month, served on committee)
STEM Club: 1 year (officer)
Was in FHS, CSF, NHS
Secretary (1 yr) and Communications (1 yr) for a club that focuses on environmental equality for women in need concerning sanitary products
Comp. sports: Regional award for academic & athletic excellence, coach for said sport
On local library board + volunteered over the summer
Founded an AAPI foods club (currently one of the largest clubs at my hs)
Collaborated with lifestyle brands on social media to release products
On the school board for culture & community

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Also invited to apply to the Honors program–didn’t see the email until someone mentioned it here! It landed in my spam haha

2 Likes

Son got an email about receiving scholarship and invitation to scholarship celebration.

Congratulations on receiving a UCR scholarship! We’d like to honor your academic achievements by inviting you and two guests to an exclusive, invitation-only Scholarship Celebration at UCR on Saturday, April 15!

2 Likes

Which scholarship? They have several scholarships that they award Freshman including Regents.

They didn’t mention which scholarship.:grinning:

Congratulations! When did that email come in?

The email came today at 3.05pm

2 Likes

Can you look in his portal and see if it is Regents? Based on what you posted in the UCSC thread, it sounds like that might be it.

My dd hasn’t received any response from UCR or UCSC. She’s concerned.

More decisions will be posting throughout March. Both UCR and UCSC had a second wave of admits last year.

3 Likes

I was just looking at the UCR Facebook page and they said they are still rolling out admissions. I believe it’s the same for UCSC.

2 Likes

It’s not regents, it’s chancellor’s scholarship

3 Likes

Does anyone know if UCR has an admitted students day? I’ve looked on their web-site but can’t seem to find any information.

Thanks…my son got the acceptance but I wonder if he even read the email since it’s not really a school high on his list.

1 Like

Daughter was accepted on March 1st to UCR.

Major: Environmental science (second choice)
UC GPA: 3.77 (weighted)
APs: 2 completed at time of application, 3 planned for senior year plus 1 planned uc honors, other honor classes taken but not considered “uc honors”.
Lots of EC clubs and activities, JV and Varsity Lacrosse, expected biliteracy seal.

2 Likes

Daughter was admitted 3/1

Decision: ACCEPTED
Major applied to: Environmental Science

ACADEMIC STATS:
UC Unweighted GPA: 3.88
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.04
Honors: 2, AP: 2

DEMOGRAPHICS::
State/location of HS (if domestic applicant): NoCal
Applied for need-based financial aid? No
First Generation? No