UC Riverside Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Since UCR has begun posting decisions, I have started the Waitlist/Appeal discussion.

For the Waitlist, remember that the # admitted varies from year to year. Here are some stats from the last few years.

2021:

Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 12162
Number accepting a place on the waitlist 5997
Number of waitlisted students admitted 4992
2020:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list:
Number accepting a place on the waiting list:
Number of wait-listed students admitted:

2019:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list:7776
Number accepting a place on the waiting list: 4015
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 1375

For Appeals:

Complete the online appeal form located on your MyUCR account. No written appeals sent via U.S. mail, faxed, emailed or hand delivered will be accepted.

Please note that while all appeals will be considered, it is not recommended that you appeal an admission decision unless there is new and compelling information that we would not have been able to obtain from your application that would have led us to a different decision. Please note that applicants can not appeal to be placed on the waitlist.

2021 UCR Appeals Received 144. Approved 13

1 Like

Will the wl acceptance rate most likely go down or up this year?

The million dollar question. Compared to the majority of the other UC’s, UCR’s waitlist admits last year was pretty high hopefully they will be comparable.

Yeah I saw that, but do you think that will change this year especially when we see how UCR’s wl seems to be fluctuating when you look at the of the gap between 2019 and 2020? do u think it might go down this yr when we consider the gap year students, yield rates etc

It has been a tough admission cycle with record # of applicants again this year so I cannot give a guesstimate. All you can do is hope for best and get excited about your acceptances.

Thanks very much, “Gumbymom” for doing this. I wanted to check if you knew what the waitlist numbers look like for the different schools or majors? For example, how do the waitlist numbers look over the last three years for pre-business?

UCR does not post waitlist numbers by major. The only information given is what is published on the CDS and I have posted that information at top of this discussion.

1 Like

Seems the portal is having issues, when my son accepted the first waitlist notice it said we would hear something more about next steps in 4 days but nothing in the email. It just says MyUSR is down.

it’s back up now, but the links for step-by-step instructions wont work. Anyone else able to get through to resources.ucr.edu for the instructions?

Any idea when we can start hearing on the Waitlist? Based on prev years experience any dates to watch out for?

Last year there were some waitlist admits on April 28th. In general, assume after the SIR deadline of May 1.

My friend on the waitlist actually emailed the admissions office for an extended interest in their institution. They told him “Thank you for your continued interest in our school. We understand the stress the waitlist might cause… Please continue to check your MyUCR daily for results or updates we anticipate results might go out in June 2022.”

1 Like

trimmed it down a bit for obvious reasons

i got the same thing

I was waitlisted at UCR for Computer Engineering after applying for Computer Science. Hypothetically if I get off the waitlist, would it be possible for me to switch from CE to CS? Also, what would be the best way to get in contact with the people who would know the answer to these types of questions? Thanks!

Here is the change of major criteria for CS:
|Completed 0-45 units|

|Completion of ENGL 001A with C or better, and a C or better in CS 010A (previously CS 010) and CS 010B (previously CS 012), and completion of the following with at least 3.00 GPA:

• CS 010A (previously CS 010)
  • CS 010B (previously CS 012)
  • MATH 009A or MATH 09HA
  • And any additional Math/ Science/Engineering/CS courses (if taken)|

Contacts:

BCOE STUDENT AFFAIRS

Skye Hall 310
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521-0429

tel: [(951) 827-3647](tel:(951) 827-3647)
fax: (951)827-2822
email: bcoeadvising@engr.ucr.edu

Thanks for the response! One more quick question. I know CS is an impacted major at a lot of colleges and I was just wondering if that was the case for UCR. In other words, is it a possibility that I meet the criteria for a major switch to CS but still denied due to space limitations? Thanks again.

1 Like

CS is impacted at all the UC’s so I would contact the department and ask if you are guaranteed the major change if you meet all the requirements.

Is there a any info on the number of waitlist accepted by major for the past years?

The UC’s do not break out their waitlist numbers by major, only # waitlisted, # accepting the waitlist and the # admitted. No data even on the # that enrolled after being accepted from the waitlist.

1 Like