**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

Almost all campus had a much greater number of applicants this year since they were test option/test blind so they’re all gonna be more competitive so that adds an extra layer of stress lol

1 Like

I got my result from UCSC and got accepted, my friend waitlisted. So I think most of the results came out

1 Like

Here are my predictions for this years 2021 acceptance rate for each UC:

UCLA: 11%
UC Berkeley: 14%
UCSD: 27%
UCSC: 42%
UCSB: 29%
UCI: 26%
UCD: 37%
UCR: 59%
UCM: 85%

2 Likes

Uh uh baby that ain’t gonna work for me :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Can you predict the rates for OOS? :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

“Their mathematical models to predict which admitted students might accept their offers and enroll as freshmen are proving useless. Accepting the right number of students is critical. If too many say yes, dorms may be overcrowded. If too many spurn the offers, the school could face a revenue shortfall.”

Sorry I have no idea… your guess is as good as mine. I am hoping for either Wed. or Thurs. if one subscribes to theory based on past patterns that (1) UCs tend to have their own individual release dates and not overlap and (2) UCLA and Cal are typically the last to release. Cal is announcing 3/25 and UCLA is widely assumed to be 3/19, so that leaves this Wed. & Thurs. for UCD and UCSD. As other posters have pointed out, the theory has not always held up and a couple of years were cited as exceptions. Who knows with the record applications whether this year will break traditions.

1 Like

In short you are saying lower acceptance rates - which seem to be happening (based on the GPA stats in the threads). Key question is whether the lower acceptance rates are due to:

1. more applicant pool who had bad test scores but good GPA who previously would not have applied
    AND/OR
  2. most applicants applying more widely due to the uncertainty of no test scores, deferrals, etc.

If the increase is caused mostly because of factor 1, then not a lot of waitlisted students will get accepted later. If the increase is caused mostly because of the factor 2, then more students will get accepted off the waitlists.

4 Likes

Sure haha

UCLA: 14%
UC Berkeley: 16%
UCSD: 49%
UCSC: 68%
UCSB: 37%
UCI: 42%
UCD: 60%
UCR: 70%
UCM: 72%

4 Likes

I think it is an even split.

same here I got my acceptance like a week ago

nooo thats so low.

1 Like

Soo I think we messed up D’s application for UCSD :frowning: Looking at the UC application site it listed her major as needing a supplemental? She was not notified of needing to do this whilst 2 other schools did tell her and direct her on where to complete it. It is for Theater B.A. : ((

You can try appealing if she gets rejected for that reason First-Year Student Application Timeline

1 Like

do you guys think ucsd will follow the same pattern of waitlisting/rejecting even overqualified applicants and only accepting a few like uci, ucsc, csulb, cpslo, cpp, etc? ucsd is much more prestigious than most of them and quite frankly i’m terrified.

None of the UCs do yield protection. The high stat candidates that were rejected/WL were in-state and applying for impacted majors.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was crazy to see the amount of people waitlisted and rejected from UC Irvine this year. (Especially the number of waitlists)

2 Likes

I don’t know about yield protection but my high stats son who was waitlisted at UCSC applied undeclared.

1 Like

@petilon @NewParentCA Sorry to hear that :(. Unfortunately, that would not be grounds for an appeal. An appeal would be for very specific circumstances. Not looking through all the admission requirements and filling out supplemental apps isnt one of them. Its one of the reason’s why the UCLA nursing program has such a low acceptance rate, very few applicants do the supplement.

@Gumbymom any thoughts on solutions for this?

1 Like

Don’t get too hung up on prestige especially as an undergrad. And I would argue that ucsd is not more prestigious than the schools you listed (I am a ucsd grad btw).

1 Like