**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

Now that the UC application submission filing period has opened, I have posted a thread for discussions regarding the UC campuses. Please post any questions of interest in regards to the specific UC campuses and the UC application process.

Best of luck to all.

6 Likes

My out of state son is applying for International Studies.
UC UW GPA 4, UC CW GPA 4.31, UC UCW GPA 4.46
EC’s good, State Department Merit Scholarship NSLI-Y summer 2020 (virtual due to COVID)
Personal insight essays - who knows, decent?
His dad is a UCSD alumnus (Muir).
Also applying to UCLA, UCB, and UCSB.

@parent-21 Good luck to your son. You may already know this but the UCs don’t take legacy into account.

Oh, I know - just an explanation as to why he is very interested as an out-of-state student. I went to UT Austin and they don’t care a hoot about legacy as well.

@parent-21 Looks like a strong applicant. Good luck to your son.

Hey guys I’m a current UCSD student majoring in Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience. Let me know if you have any questions about the application process, campus, etc!

2 Likes

Hey SomniRat, I actually applied to UCSD this year as a Cognitive Science major. I’m interested in specializing in Design and Interaction, but am open to discover/dip my toe in some of the others as well. What do you like/dislike about the major so far?

1 Like

Good job on applying!

What I really like about Cog Sci is that it’s a very versatile major. There are different specializations and interesting fields you can go into with Cog Sci. The major gears its students towards research so you’ll find that (depending on your specialization) your classes will involve more neuroscience or more math/programming, or a bit of both which is awesome!

Many Cog Sci students end up going to grad school, med school, or working in industry. It’s also common for them to double major or minor in something like Biology or Computer Science to give them a more thorough background in whatever they want to pursue in the future which is something you might consider.

So far, I don’t dislike anything about the major. I could go on and on about Cog Sci but I’ll stop here so you won’t read a wall of text.

1 Like

Hi!
Has anyone received an email regarding the admissions portal yet?

My son just got an email from UCSD with information to set up his portal.

same here, last night

Did everyone get the Applicant Survey in their portal?

1 Like

I got it too

1 Like

Thank you guys! I got it too.

1 Like

Does anyone have an idea of which admissions representative I should contact if I’m from the East Coast and want to follow up on my application? I don’t know who is in charge of that region and I don’t want to just contact admissions generally. Thanks.

For fun, which colleges did you apply to at UCSD? They are all awesome and unique. But wonder if any of you are set on being accepted into a particular college/dorm/living-learning community.
My DD#1 is currently in Revelle at UCSD (Sophomore) and loves it!
DD#2 is hoping for 7th College due to the brand new village and dorm rooms. :blush:

DS21 put Warren as his first choice, Muir second, 7th was third, I believe. He wants to major in EE so Warren seemed like the best choice - but I think he would be fine at any of his top 3. Given the craziness of this year, I will be happy if he just gets accepted!

My son got the survey and there was a question with an answer box for 250 words. We weren’t sure if this was just a marketing survey, or if he needs to write another essay and submit. Does anyone know if this is optional or something he needs to or should be completing?

When is the earliest date decisions could come out?