**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

How hard is it to switch into CS from undeclared?

It is a lottery to switch into CS from undeclared.

Thanks for sharing the information. It seems quite challenging, probably not a good choice.

Iā€™m pretty sure the 6400 is the target to enroll and acceptance was a good but higher than that. But it was so, so competitiveā€”keep your head up!

So itā€™ll be a longshot?

Got into the second choice major. How easy is it to get into CS?

Iā€™m just wondering where I can find details for Roosevelt college?

@Gumbymom might have the link or I will look for it. Yes, you will need to take the required pre-req courses and then you are put into a lottery with all of the other qualified applicants.

Nope; I donā€™t mean the SIR. Itā€™s a different form where you indicate that you understand the ā€œprovisions for maintaining admissionā€ such as keeping up your grades and such. I guess Iā€™ll wait a bit.

Congratulations!!! I was rooting for you!

3 Likes

OMG OMG OMG. My son was accepted to Mathematics and CS!!! Warren College.

In state, very high GPA, several dual enrollment classes. BUT he was homeschooled, and didnā€™t have all the typically required courses, and so all the schools are reaches, so we are over the moon about this!!!

He was waitlisted at UCSB and Davis, Admitted to UCSC in CS, UCI Undeclared. Rejected SDSU, SFSU, and SLO. Still waiting on a couple more, but THIS is AMAZING.

9 Likes

OOS, accepted to Molecular Biology and Muir College.

4 Likes

Congratulations!!

Thank you so so so much. The tears wonā€™t stop omg. :sob:

6 Likes

Accepted for CS. Will not attend. Congrats everyone!

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s extremely hard to get into these schools.

1 Like

Here is the link that explains the process to change to CS. Yes, it is a lottery after you meet the course and GPA requirements.
https://cse.ucsd.edu/undergraduate/cse-capped-admissions-program

1 Like

It seems like forms+major=WL. At least it was that way for us.

1 Like

Daughter accepted! Psychology (first choice) in the Sixth College.

OOS
UC GPA:
UW 3.92
Weighted/Capped: 4.32

So excited and proud especially after the UCSB rejection earlier this week. Go Tritons!

2 Likes

Finally got into the portal, accepted OOS for Cognitive Science at Muir! Financial prospects arenā€™t looking too good though

1 Like