UC San Diego Class of 2027 Official Thread

So what does the Instagram video mean? Will they send out hard-copy admission packets before announcing them on the portal? Seems very old school, but would be a nice change. And if that’s the case, then would it really be Friday?

2 Likes

I think the envelopes come in the mail after admissions decisions are posted to your portal.

2 Likes

They did in 2021 with UCSD announcing a couple of hours prior to UCLA.

I remember it clearly. My son was accepted to UCSD and we were thrilled. Then he was waitlisted at UCLA and it was like UCSD never even happened.

3 Likes

2 years ago, for a transfer, we received the admitted package on Monday (3 days after the release on Friday). That means they mailed the package on/before the release.

1 Like

It is interesting how the most recent “action” (admission, waitlist, whatever) ends up overshadowing the prior decision of the day/week/month. No wonder the marketing emails never seem to stop. Where did he end up enrolling?

1 Like

He goes to Michigan.

1 Like

Do we have any confirmation that results will come this week, or is it still speculation?

2 Likes

Speculation.

2 Likes

I remember it well too in 2021. UCSD result came in around 3 pm, and UCLA after around 5 pm same day. The craziness repeated for us in 2022 for the second kid. So, our S22 decided to apply ED to an LAC, going from SoCal to the Midwest winter, but he seemed to like the snow!

There seems to be speculation that both UCI and UCSD decision will be tomorrow…do they typically do more then one UC on the same day?

1 Like

The past couple of years, UCSD and UCLA have released the same afternoon.

Last year it was UCI, UCSD, and UCLA all released at once on 18th.

3 Likes

5pm PST?

Yes, the times stated are pacific.

1 Like

Any luck signing up for Triton Days? Triton Days 2023

I’m able to access the link, but then it just opens up to my portal and applicant checklist etc.
Does anyone have denied access or something of that sort? Otherwise, looks like this is a dead-end, too. Gotta wait for tomorrow afternoon.

or next week even, maybe! since it is all speculation

That looks like just the regular event page, not a registration portal, so no, I think this is meaningless. Let’s hope for tomorrow!

There’s a little note on the bottom for registration: “NOTE: Admitted students will register through their portal

I lived that exact scenario in 2021! Although my daughter’s friend was denied to both, so it was even more awkward…

1 Like

Where did he ending up going? Did he get off the UCLA waitlist?

3 Likes