UC San Diego Class of 2027 Official Thread

He goes to Michigan now. We are in So Cal, so ended up going OOS.

Never got off the waitlist. As for other UC’s, he was accepted to UCI, UCSD, and UCSB. Rejected from Cal.

2 Likes

Thanks . I am sure he is enjoying at Michigan

2 Likes

hi! new here. does anyone else have the california residency for tuition purposes on their portal?

2 Likes

https ://imgur.com/ 4IQqAKr
^ I am in-state

Yes, my daughter had that form (as well as three others) at the top of her portal. All four were related to residency over the last 3 years. She filled them out in February. I think they’re going to be standard soon.

How did you get the california residency for tuition purposes? I am instate but I don’t see it.

2 Likes

same

2 Likes

I have the form, but I wouldn’t fret if you don’t have it. I highly doubt that it is in any way correlated to acceptance since I got the form requested on the 30th of Nov. and I submitted by application on like Nov. 26. They probably hadn’t even read my file then.

1 Like

Just checked my portal and found the form there. They asked me to fill it up, so I did LOL. Read my comment above, though. I’m assuming it was triggered by some keyword or detail in my application, rather than an AO/Fin Aid office actually requesting it.

1 Like

Did you have more than one?

What is under the Statement of Legal Residence for Tuition Purposes? We have the others, but not that one

1 Like

I think these requests get triggered by an answer to one of the questions in the app, especially regarding parents who sometimes work out of state.

It is a series of questions directed to her. It asked her who she lives with, where she lives, is she financially independent, did she file taxes (and lists the years), asks the sources of her financial support for this year and last, employment history over last 3 years, former military etc. Then asks about parents: Parent 1 and Parent 2 residence, employment, taxes, parent employed by UC and does she allow them to release her data to her parents.

It seems like all the information re-stated from previous forms, all in one document for verification.

She was born abroad, and we lived in another country until she was 4. Then CA and then she went to school in Utah for her Sophomore year of highschool, and then back to CA for Junior and Senior.

1 Like

Is today the date for UCSD decision release?

Speculation based on last year’s decision date. No confirmation. I would start checking your student portal around 3 PM PST.

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

UCSD Posting Manifesting your acceptance Tiktoks :sob:

9 Likes

I think she was selected for verification because she only attended 2 years of CA high school. There shouldn’t be anything to worry about as long as it’s clear that your family moving to CA is permanent.

1 Like

oh so it’s probably for those whose situations might be a tad unclear? bc I’ve lived in CA my entire life! born and raised :slight_smile:

Thanks. We have been asked and submitted a ton of paperwork with respect to one of the parent’s CA residency status. But we haven’t seen any kind of determination of residency for tuition. Just the questionnaire and requests for documents.

2 Likes