UC San Diego Class of 2027 Official Thread

Just wondering, what time did UCSD release their decisions this year?

(deleted post)

Decisions started posting around 3:30 PST this year.

A post was split to a new thread: UCSB vs UCSD vs NEU International Student

Can anyone share info on AP credits, didn’t know that each UC has different criteria for accepting AP credits. UCSD seems to accept most AP’s?

1 Like

Here is the AP Credit policy for each College at UCSD: https://catalog.ucsd.edu/_files/advanced-placement-credit-chart.pdf

2 Likes

Is it very hard to transfer from UCSD undeclared major in Warrant school to CS major?

OOS student. It is hard to make a decision for the uncertainty.

Offered VPP program by USC.

1 Like

You cannot change into the CS major unless you were admitted directly as a Freshman

From the UCSD CS website:

Starting in Fall 2022, the incoming CSE class is growing and it will be hard (if not impossible) for students to switch into CSE majors if they are not admitted directly.

The CSE department will be increasing the number of students admitted directly into a CSE major as a first-year direct admit or transfer, while mostly eliminating the number of spots available for late switches to the major. The department does not anticipate that there will be any spots available beyond those used for these direct admissions.

1 Like

Thank you for the information! It is very helpful!

1 Like

Hello, I was admitted into UCSD for Computer Engineering. Is there any way that I could switch from Computer Engineering to Electrical Engineering before the fall quarter? The EE course offerings are a lot more appealing to me than the CE courses and I am feeling regrets of not doing my research prior. Is there any hope?

1 Like

You can contact the ECE department and ask if you can change majors as an in-coming Freshman. If not then you would need to complete the screening courses and then apply to change majors.

https://ece.ucsd.edu/about/contact-us

Electrical engineering, engineering physics, electrical engineering and society majors:

• MATH 20A, 20B, 20C
  • PHYS 2A-B
  • ECE 35, 45, 65

anyone have experience with PATHS SCHOLARS at UCSD?

No, but I received that invitation too and was also wondering about it.

1 Like

Does anyone know which UCSD Parents Facebook group is the main one that parents use? I’m contemplating trying to join one so that I can ask a few questions (the school is on my daughter’s short list as of now), but I don’t know which one is the best/most used group.

There is one called “UCSD Parents” and one called “UCSD Parents Group.”

1 Like

They both appear to be active. Why not join both?

1 Like

Probably a good idea! Let’s see if they will let me in even though we haven’t yet committed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s interesting to me is pondering why the second group was created. Like in my hometown a new group is created every time there’s a big argument about e.g. trash pick up days.

Irvine is the same way. There is one called UCI Parents Chat Group and one called UCI Unfiltered Parent Group. The “unfiltered” caught my attention and made me wonder what happened in the first group to create the unfiltered group. Both groups are relatively new. The chat group was started June 2020 and the unfiltered group was started March 2022.

UCSD Parents Group was started July 2015 and UCSD Parents was started April 2016.

3 Likes

Ha yes sounds like some controversy or other lead to the creation of a breakaway republic :smiley:

3 Likes

IIRC the second UCI group was created after a split in discussions about COVID policies. (I didn’t join the second group so not sure what else might be discussed.)