UC San Diego Class of 2027 Official Thread

Students can find off-campus housing. It’s just expensive near campus but the price is not any different from around UCLA Westwood or around UC Berkeley. You just have to be very proactive to look for housing and willing to secure the apartment early, around June or July for a 12 or 13 month lease. It’s best to have the lease ends in June or July anyway because the end of school year is mid-June.

2 Likes

Is it even a question especially if you’re trying to save money by just commuting to UCI?

My son is having trouble submitting a Housing Application. He created the Triton account a few days ago and just got an email today saying that he successfully created his account and received his ucsd email. However, when he tried to login to the Housing Portal to complete the contract, it keeps saying Login Failure. Anyone else experiencing this?

My daughter created her account middle of last week and then got the info to submit the housing app from within her new UCSD email inbox. It worked for her to submit from there. The good news is that it’s not due until 5/8 so you can probably call tomorrow and get help!

Edited to add — did they set up the 2-factor authentication? You usually need to approve the login through that. My daughter downloaded Duo to her phone, and she had to send a push notification to Duo (and approve on her phone) before she could log in.

We are having the same problem. Created an account on Friday, and received the housing email today. When we log in, we push the duo and nothing. Will give Monday a break. If not, we will IT on Tursday.

1 Like

How long did it take after she setup Active Directory could she setup her Duo?

I think she set it up at the same time as she set up the Active Directory

Set it up at the same time. But it may be best to fownload Duo first and set up the Duo. UCSD required 2-factor authentication.

1 Like

My son said that his portal works now. I think we just had to wait a few days and the system should process. Hope it’s the same for you.

1 Like

Same here. Daughter was able to log into her emails and housing.

1 Like

Hope so! We waited 2 days after clicking link to setup Active Directory, to receive an email link to housing application. Now the login isn’t working. Is that normal? Is it just another day still of waiting?

Did anyone receive news about the PATHS Scholarship?

Yes, I believe that’s normal. Son waited about 5 days and then it worked.

1 Like

Is there a deadline for housing?

For Incoming First-Time Students:

• Accept the Offer of Admission by May 1, 2023 and apply for Housing in the Enrollment Checklist by May 8, 2023.
  • Housing contract information will be emailed to your UC San Diego email address: Week of May 15th
  • Signed Housing contract and $450 prepayment due date: May 25, 2023
  • Optional opportunity to apply for a Living Learning Community or Gender Inclusive Housing due date: May 31, 2023
    • Must have the signed housing contract by the deadline.
    • More information on our Living Learning Communities or Gender Inclusive Housing can be found here.
  • Priority deadline for OSD approved housing accommodations: July 7, 2023
  • Submit any roommate requests and room type preferences: due by July 17, 2023
  • Room Assignment and Move-in information available: Late-August*
  • Deadline to change Dining Plan: October 2, 2023
2 Likes

Thank you so much :pray:

1 Like

Does it take few days for tritonlink Active Directory Account to work after set up? I keep getting login failed.

@GoldRush2 My child set up the Active Directory and tried to enter triton link username and password but it doesn’t work says login failed. How do we proceed for housing?

Oh that is so frustrating! I’m feeling lucky that it worked for my daughter last week. Honestly since Housing is due 5/8, I would call today and get them to help you. I found this number at the bottom of the website about active directory: (858) 246-4357

Good luck and keep us posted, please!

https://blink.ucsd.edu/technology/network/access/ad/

2 Likes

Does the the Active Directory Login work right away once set up or does it take a day or two to be active? @GoldRush2