UC San Diego Class of 2027 Official Thread

We cannot sign up for housing without being able to login into Active Directory? @GoldRush2

I believe so. That was the case for my daughter, I’m pretty sure. I think it took about 24 hours for the active directory to get set up and with that came access to her new UCSD email (they assign you one – it’s tied to a Google account – and you don’t pick what it is). Then within that email inbox was the information and link to the Housing sign up. I would definitely CALL if they haven’t helped you get all that yet!

1 Like

Will do. Thanks a ton.

1 Like

We got login failed for 2 days before ours worked. I almost called too and then we were able to get in. Good luck!

Did they help you fix the issue over the phone? Was it resolved by them right away? What number did u call?
I called this number 858) 246-4357 and they said wait for 2 business days.

No, it resolved on its own. We tried one last time before we planned to call in and were able to get in. It was about 2 days after we set up the account so you’ll probably be fine. Maybe try again tonight and tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Thanks

Have you gotten this email yet? This was inside of her new UCSD email (it’s a gmail account)

We are still getting “login failed”. Active Directory setup almost a week ago. We just setup Single Sign on (DUO) today so hopefully that is the issue and it will work for us tomorrow. Was that something you needed as well??

1 Like

We haven’t received this email in our ucsd email. :frowning:

Ours is also login failed. We were able to set up DUO. Will DUO help with doing the housing application?

I’m hoping that Duo will help w/ the login…but may need to wait another day before it works. I’m crossing my fingers that it does.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:Me too.

I think if you have signed up for the single sign on recently, it might be 24 hours before you have access to sign in, access the new email. In there is where you will find the email that allows you to sign up for Housing. Once you get that, the registration for housing takes two minutes. There isn’t much to do until May 15th when the next steps for housing supposedly open up.

1 Like

1 Like

I was able to login in single sign on. Thanks for all your help. @GoldRush2 @Gumbymom @figgery @SoCal2023

1 Like

We were able to login also! If you have a Triton/UCSD email account but are getting “login failure” when trying to login, you need to have two-step/single sign-on setup also!

2 Likes

When do we get to do the room mate request and room type preferences?

That whole process starts on 5/15. It looks like there are several stages to the process.

2 Likes

My son got an email about taking the writing placement exam to fulfill the Entry Level Writing Requirement. He didn’t take AP English, so he needs to take the placement exam, but it seems as though the only time the exam is offered is during his high school graduation ceremony. :persevere: Does anyone happen to know if they might offer alternate exam times?