UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

You are waitlisted with your 1st choice major but if it is a capped major, many waitlist admits do end up as Undeclared.

2 Likes

D22 waitlisted, in state
Communications
4.2 W, 3.9 UW

1 Like

S22 OOS accepted into 7th college and neurobiology. 4.3 capped UW and 4.7 Weighted, 3.96 unweighted

2 Likes

4.42 W&C isn’t possible…may want to revisit your math

Congrats! What was your gpa?

DD WL (3.98/4.33/4.5) Nationally ranked athlete, strong ECs, essays, and recs.

2 Likes

S, UW4.0, W 4.75, 2nd in his class, waitlisted. :worried: After this and being WL at Cal Poly this morning, he is getting bummed. Fingers crossed for UCLA or UCI.

2 Likes

D got in! OOS - psychology. 3.93 UW, lots of APs and ECs.

5 Likes

UCLA is out. Might want to check now.

waitlist from China

1 Like

DS waitlisted for CS, 4.26 WGPA, 11 APs, Lots of ECs, NMF, ELC, PVSA
:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

S accepted. Seventh College and undeclared major - applied CS. OOS. 35 ACT. 3.93/4.00.

3 Likes

Hello:
Do you have UCSD acceptances from WL numbers from past years ?
Thank you, as always

You will find the waitlist information here: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/ucsd-class-of-2026-waitlist-appeal-discussion

1 Like

got in seven college . finally a UC admitted me

8 Likes

Son waitlisted - Mechanical Engineering
UW GPA: 4.0, UC GPA: 4.33
5 AP classes; 3 Honors Courses, a few ECs
9% ELC - Instate

3 Likes

son was WL with Chemistry major, no alternate

2 Likes

D18 attends UCSD - to change into CS is a lottery - you literally have to get straight A’s in the lower Div classes(and these are not easy A’s) and then enter the lottery - if they have another uncapped major they are interested in - great, easy to switch to uncapped - if not I would suggest attending where you get in for CS. My D18 is a Data Science major.

2 Likes

waitlisted at UCSD, UCDavis, UCSantacruz 4.0/4.69 (10,11 grade) instate, got in UCLA- Econ

7 Likes

D22 got in for alternate major - instate

4 Likes